Community Forum

Watching sports on my computer

Regular Visitor

Watching sports on my computer

Anytime I try to watch a sporting event on my computer the video and audio quality are so jumpy that it's unusable.  This happens when I'm watching a live event as well as when I'm watching something that I recorded to the DVR.  I don't see this issue with any other type of content, anything else that I record to my DVR plays back on my PC just fine.  I've experienced this on several different computers and I just recently purchased a new desktop for my home wiht a separate graphics card that's intended for 3D gaming, so I doubt the issue is with my computer.  In fact it doesn't seem to matter at all what kind of computer I use, I see the same terrible quality.

Why would this only be happening with sporting events and is there a recomendation for particular settings on my PC or on my Xfinity DVR so that I can resolve this?

Admin1

Re: Watching sports on my computer

Hi erobbins11113 -- Does this happen when recording any sporting event from any channel or are you seeing it on one particular channel?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

all sporting events, it doesn't matter what chanel I record them from.

Official Employee

erobbins11113, thanks for confirming. I'm following up for Zach. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number so I can take a closer look at this. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!