Community Forum

Watch Now disappears within 2 seconds

Frequent Visitor

Watch Now disappears within 2 seconds

Xfinity.com/stream/ website issue with all our user accounts ALL Windows OS, ALL Browsers, ALL networks including home and others. I have been wating over 30hrs for reply from the T3 System Engineers Ace team who ever that may be I just get very annoying robocalls that put me in the general support cue!! I have spent hours and hours over the past 5 days atttempting to get an intelligent support agent who will actually listen to me enough to understand the problem I am having. I am getting no where but livid.

XfinitySUX.jpg

Frequent Visitor

Re: Watch Now disappears within 2 seconds

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Hi @mmh7

I can help look into this for you. Can you please check your private message? I've replied and need an few more pieces of information. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

this response helps no one. is there a resolution for this issue been two weeks trying to figure this out

Official Employee

arfrc131, 

We'd need to investigate your account further in order to find a resolution. You're more than welcome to send me a private message and I can assist you as well. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I am having the exact same issue , posted just a few threads down and have not received any response yet.  Would like to get help and also help for these folks also experiencing the issue.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Unable-to-view-any-Watch-Now-shows-on-Xfinity-S...

Official Employee

Hi @Shmoobits

Please take a look at my response from yesterday, requesting a private message with your first and last name and I can investigate your issues as well. At this time, I don't know or have not been informed of a resolution, but would like to see if I can help isolate the cause. 

Frequent Visitor

@arfrc131 Between Che and Brandi I spoke with today who is coordinating some communications with the T3 team I feel more confident we will get something figured out. I can bet this affects alot more customers than those that are vocal here..

Official Employee

@mmh7

You are definitely correct. The only way we are able to confirm if this is a national issue or if this is only affecting certain areas is when we get reports from customers like yourselves and are able to investigate. Sometimes, if the troubleshooting we complete doesn't work, then we reach out to inform and work with higher fix agencies to help isolate a cause and find a resolution. 

@mmh7, I will be replying to your private message shortly. 

Regular Visitor

so why have i not been contacted by anyone this seriously has been two weeks with several tech contacts. i certainly hope some credit is coming my way as i pay for this service and have not been able to use it. i am a tech myself and i have exhausted all of my troublshooting to this point it has to be with your code. Was there a change made recently that updated things and broke this. normally i avaid the updates as everytime in th epast i allowed an update i had viewing issues afterword. Now i again confirmed i can watch on my modile device but not on any windows devices. I have windows 10 only ao my guess is this. Your web stream app has code in it that was using a vulnerability within windows that was patched and is now casuing this issue. i may be wrong but it is strange hwo it was working fine then all of the sudden it stopped. sounds like a conflist with the MS OS

Regular Visitor

Additional information

Erros found on page

1. HTTP400: BAD REQUEST - The request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax. (Fetch)GET - https://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/entity/program/5070814873803149112/watchOptions/?freetome=off&emb...
  2. { "reason": "Bad CloudDvr Token", "statusCode": 403, "statusSubCode": "403-103" }
  3. SCRIPT12002: SCRIPT12002: WebSocket Error: Network Error 12002, The operation timed out

4. SCRIPT12029: SCRIPT12029: WebSocket Error: Network Error 12029, A connection with the server could not be established
  5. HTTP404: NOT FOUND - The server has not found anything matching the requested URI (Uniform Resource Identifier). GET - https://www.xfinity.com/error/404?item=%2fundefined&user=extranet%5cAnonymous&site=xfinity&pc=1
  6. reason page can not be found
  7. HTTP400: BAD REQUEST - The request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax. (Fetch)GET - https://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/entity/program/5070814873803149112/watchOptions/?freetome=off&emb...
  8. { "reason": "Bad CloudDvr Token", "statusCode": 403, "statusSubCode": "403-103" }
  9. it appears that number 7 is the real issue. When i debug the page and watch the error log as soon as the watch now goes away that error is logged. why is there a bad token being passed?
Frequent Visitor

@arfrc131 I believe that this is exxtremely valuable information. I've had to be relentless calling about this (5tickets and about a dozen people later) I'm not certain we are any closer to a resolution but at least i've gotten them to accept that there is a problem and it is NOT my computer lol. Maybe @ComcastChe can help get that information up to the right people for us.

Frequent Visitor

@arfrc131 I placed a call and left a message with Brandi the T3 support agent that is coordinating with the system engineers on my case to make sure that she brings forward the additional information you've provided here. Hopefully she will call me back soon. Thank you, with us all working together here I am sure it will help!

Official Employee

@arfrc131

I'd be more than happy to help get your issue resolved as well. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

@mmh7, I emailed Brandy last night because I was able to see she is the person working on your ticket. I let her know that you reached out on the forums to inform us of your experience as well. She emailed me back this morning before I clocked in and let me know that this is being investigated by a higher fix agency but she will be following up with you to keep you updated on where we stand. With that being said, I won't be doing any more troubleshooting on your account, but I will continue to follow up with you and Brandy until it gets resolved. Chat with you soon. 

Official Employee

**UPDATE** 

The advanced techs have confirmed this is now apart of a national issue they are currently investigating. Our engineering team is aware and in the process of fixing this. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA. In order for them to know you all are affected, I would like to link your accounts to the ticket they are working. Please send me a private message with your first and last name. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for trying to help us. I sent the requested info to you via a PM.

Official Employee

You're welcome! I just completed some troubleshooting and informed the advanced techs of the issue you're having. I'll follow up when I receive an update.

If anyone happens to reply while I'm off the clock, I will reach out when I get back in the office. My working hours are Monday - Friday's 2:30-11 PM MST. I appreciate everyone's patience while we work to have this resolved. 

Regular Visitor

Add me to the list of people having this issue. It has been almost 2 weeks, Unable to watch any showws from previous nights, just what is live.

New Poster

I am having the exact same issue. I am on my home network yet the watch now button disapears on anything within seconds

Frequent Visitor

@Ltrain66 Make sure you file a report at least @ComcastChe can likely take your information. Many of us are experiencing this issue. The part that annoys me is the effort that it took from me to get them to recognie this is their issue not mine. 5 tickets and dozens of agents and over 10 hours of my time.

Frequent Visitor

@arfrc131 One of the agents had given me a very small credit, about a dollar for every hour that I was on the phone with them, it is hardly the compensation I feel is required here.

Frequent Visitor

@Karen87110 send @ComcastChe a private message with your name and your ID you log in with for the list.

New Poster

Any updates on the issue? Still can’t watch shows on demand.
Official Employee

Hello Everyone, 

Sorry for the delay. This is still being investigated at this time. If you haven't already, send me a private message with your first and last names (and the name of the account holder, if different than yours) so I can link your accounts to this investigation and follow up to see if it is resolved on your end once we find a resolution. We appreciate everyone's patience. 

Regular Visitor

Any update yet? This is still an issue

Official Employee

Hi @homedreams

No updates yet. The engineers are still investigation. I'm monitoring this conversation and will be sure to follow up when I see an update on my end. If I'm not in the office you may see the change before I do. Either way, I'll be sure to update this thread so everyone who is affected is aware. Thanks for your patience. 

New Poster

Been having the same issues since around the end of November

Regular Visitor

When will this be corrected? this has been ongoing for weeks

Regular Visitor

Any UPDATE?????

New Poster

My Xfinity is doing the same. So i downloaded the App to my phone. I then look for the show I want to watch, then watch it about 10 seconds on my phone and pause the show. Then on my lap top I go to recently watch shows and The Show I was watching is now on the list and I can then watch it on my lap top.

its a time consuming processs but it will work for the time being.

Comcast please hurry up and fix this ISSUE

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the info but mine does not work on the phone app or on the computer. 

Regular Visitor

ANY UPDATE????

Official Employee

Hi Everyone, 

We apologize for the inconvenience. There's still no resolution at this time. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA. I've created a calendar reminder to check the status of this investigation on Friday and will follow up on this thread. 

Official Employee

Hello All, 

I just wanted to provide an update since I will be off for the next 2 days. The engineers are still working to find a resolution to the Watch Now button missing. I will follow up again on Monday. Have a good weekend.