Community Forum

Update Available

New Poster

Update Available

I use the Xfinity Stream website on my laptop. Whenever it goes to the channel listing, a pop-up tells me an update is available. I click on update available, it reloads the screen. Once the screen reloads, nothing on the channel listing works. I have to click on reload in my browser and wait for the page to reload for it to work. Then, within a few minutes I get the same pop-up about an update available. This has been happening about 20-30 times a day for a couple of days now, but only on this laptop. I haven't had any problems when logging in on any other device, but then I rarely use those other devices for streaming. 

I contacted tech support. Their suggestion was to reset Chrome to orginal default settings. I asked why I need to wipe out all my settings just for Xfinity. It was only a question. The response was don't do it. Instead open Chrome in Incgonito mode and log into stream to see if I get the same Update pop-ups. The problem is you cannot log into Stream in incognito mode. It gave me an error message that said if I wanted to use Stream, I needed to exit Incognito mode. The tech then told me he sent a refresh signal to my computer and to wait about an hour and see if it still happens. That was about 13 hours ago and the problem is still happening.  Chrome is up-to-date, Adobe Flash is up-to-date. I have signed in and out of my account. I have rebooted the computer. I don't know what else to do. 

I really don't want to Chrome to its original settings if I don't have to. I might have been willing to try, but as soon as I asked a question, the tech simply told me to forget it and then moved on to instructions that aren't possible using the Xfinity Stream and then just gave up. 

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Update Available

@aamuhammad1,

Thank you so much for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. We apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing when using the Xfinity Stream website. 

I have been informed by the product team that this issue is usually caused by a cache issue. They recommend clearing your browsers cache and cookies and then completely relaunch the website at that time. 

Please let us know if this does not resolve your issue or if you have any additional questions. 

Thanks

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks. 

That seems to have worked. Hopefully, it won't pop back up in a few minutes. Too bad tech support didn't think of that when I contacted them. 

Gold Problem Solver

@@ComcastJessie wrote: ... this issue is usually caused by a cache issue. They recommend clearing your browsers cache and cookies and then completely relaunch the website at that time. ...

If what's needed is to "clear cache and cookies", why not say that, ideally including instructions that describe how to do that, instead of presenting a mysterious and inaccurate "Update Available" popup?

New Poster

although I had cleared cache and cookies and did a fresh login several times yesterday it didn't help.  However it seems to resolve the issue today!

New Poster

When i go to browse TV, then select a show it takes me to the list of previous episodes.

When i select a episode to watch, a screen appears that says "available on TVgo" and a button that says "watch now". Press the button does nothing. "New" webiste is terrible. It work perfectly before. Way to break what wasnt broken

How to fix?

Using firefox.

Regular Visitor

Hey @ComcastJessie how can I send you a direct message for some assistance on something?  I am having a hard time finding that option.

New Poster

@Mastermason I have had that problem before. I called tech and they did a deep account refresh and the problem went away. It comes back every now and then and I just call the again.