Community Forum

Unable to stream TV on a computer or using the Xfinity stream app

Regular Visitor

Unable to stream TV on a computer or using the Xfinity stream app

I am unable to stream live TV (or any video) on my computer while on the Xfinity stream page or on my phone using the Xfinity stream app.  Customer service told me I cannot stream video unless I am connected to an Xfinity network.   Is this correct?   How would I be able, if at all, to stream video when connected to a non-Xfinity WiFi network?   This is the error message I receive, and I am subscribed to the channels I am trying to view: 

Subscription to This Channel Required

A subscription is required to watch this channel.
Please call 1-800-xfinity to add it to your service.

(Error TVAPP-00217)

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Unable to stream TV on a computer or using the Xfinity stream app

@Davidastronomy wrote:

I am unable to stream live TV (or any video) on my computer while on the Xfinity stream page or on my phone using the Xfinity stream app.  Customer service told me I cannot stream video unless I am connected to an Xfinity network.   Is this correct?   How would I be able, if at all, to stream video when connected to a non-Xfinity WiFi network?   This is the error message I receive, and I am subscribed to the channels I am trying to view: 

Subscription to This Channel Required

A subscription is required to watch this channel.
Please call 1-800-xfinity to add it to your service.

(Error TVAPP-00217)

Only TVGO channels can be watched off you comcast home network, and any on demand flagged with the IN-HOME icon can only be watched on your comcast home netwrok.