Community Forum

Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.

New Poster

Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.

Whereas before, when I would sign in to hbogo on their website:

  1. It would take me to a page to select my service provider.
  2. I would select Xfinity.
  3. It would take me to the Xfinity login page, where I would sign in.
  4. Then it would redirect me back to the hbogo site, but now logged in.

Now when I do the above, it redirects me to an Xfinity page to add HBO to my account, and doesn't log me in. Even if I login to the Xfinity site first, then go to the hbogo site, I am still signed out on the HBO site.
Page where signing in on the hbogo site redirects me:

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 3.30.19 PM.png 


I've tried asking for help in the live chat, and by calling, but no one seems to know what to do about it, so asking here. Seems similar to these issues: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Can-t-activate-sign-in-to-HBO-Go-anymore/td-p/29... and http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Re-HBO-GO-Activation-Broken/td-p/2935484. For the 2nd one, it was resolved by someone from comcast sending them an "entitlement refresh" to their account. Maybe that's what I need?

 

I should also add that the HBO channels work fine, it is just hbogo that does not work.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.

I'm having the same problem and using the app doesn't even list Xfinity. I have tried on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and the app on Android and an old Iphone. no luck.

Expert

Re: Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.


@BrownHouse wrote:

I'm having the same problem and using the app doesn't even list Xfinity. I have tried on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and the app on Android and an old Iphone. no luck.


try using your xfinity remote press the A button and run the menu choice "system refresh". then try to login/authenticate to HBOgo again. did it work?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Problem Solver

Re: Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.


@BrownHouse wrote:

I'm having the same problem and using the app doesn't even list Xfinity. I have tried on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and the app on Android and an old Iphone. no luck.


You will not find XFINITY in the listings.  The listing shows as ComcastXfinity.    Alphabetically under the C   not the X.   I had that problem looking for the service.  

Hope this helps. bj

New Poster

Re: Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.

Did you ever find a resolution to this?  We have been having the same problem for over a month now.  Thought maybe it was just a bug and would correct itself but so far it hasn't.  

Problem Solver

Re: Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.


@GaPeachh wrote:

Did you ever find a resolution to this?  We have been having the same problem for over a month now.  Thought maybe it was just a bug and would correct itself but so far it hasn't.  


Hi GaPeachh,   I have an HBO account.  Had it for years, as part of my tv service.  {paying extra for it}   I also have on my desktop computer, HBO GO.             https://play.hbogo.com/?camp=GoE14              

In the middle of March, I had my son download hbo go to his iPad:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Cannot-log-in-to-HBO-go/m-p/3064962#M91691      -  

 

I don't know if any of the above links will assist you in a resolution but they both work for me.  Let me know is any of this works.

ciao, bj

Expert

Re: Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.

switch to cell data and authenticate with user/pass. select stay logged in (remember me) on this device checkbox.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Re: Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.

Having the same issue on both my Roku and Android Pixel. Every time I try to login I get redirected to a page telling me to sign up. I checked my package, and I definitely still have HBO. I tried clicking to link to add HBO to my account, just to see what would happen, and I get an error telling me to call customer support. On top of this issue, I can also no longer access Xfinity Instant TV on either my computer or Xfinity Stream on my Roku.
Expert

Re: Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.


@johnbltz wrote:
Having the same issue on both my Roku and Android Pixel. Every time I try to login I get redirected to a page telling me to sign up. I checked my package, and I definitely still have HBO. I tried clicking to link to add HBO to my account, just to see what would happen, and I get an error telling me to call customer support. On top of this issue, I can also no longer access Xfinity Instant TV on either my computer or Xfinity Stream on my Roku.

if you already performed an account refresh on your "A" button menu, then call 800-Comcast and select billing. Ask the agent to perform a deep, background refresh of your account (can take an hour to complete).


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Re: Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.

I just updated my wireless router and now I'm having this issue. It is very frustrating! Anyone who can offer a solution to this would be my hero. I'm going to try to call and do a full system reset, but so far I haven't heard of anyone that this successfully worked. 

Tags (2)
Expert

Re: Unable to login to hbogo.com. Their sign in just takes me to my Xfinity account page.


@rachael1230 wrote:

I just updated my wireless router and now I'm having this issue. It is very frustrating! Anyone who can offer a solution to this would be my hero. I'm going to try to call and do a full system reset, but so far I haven't heard of anyone that this successfully worked. 


would you use the Xfinity My Account app and touch the internet tab and compare the 'serial number' of the shown modem to your actual new modem's serieal number? matches?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).