Community Forum

To watch <channel> you'll need to connect to your home WIFI

Regular Visitor

To watch <channel> you'll need to connect to your home WIFI

Could someone in COMCAST help to fix this recurrent problem? there are multiple post in this comunity about this same problem, but none shows the resolution other than call customer service or comunicate via private message. 

I call customer service every week and they send a reset signal to the modem to fix the issue, but it last for 3 to 7 days then goes back. The problem is sometimes the customer representative does not have the knowledge to fix the problem and it takes up to 5 transfers and several reinstalls of the app and reset of modems, computer, laptop etc, to get to the right person that kind of knows how to send the proper reset that fixes the modem, but again it last just few days.

What COMCAST has to do is to remove that limitation of the home WIFI and find a better way to control that.

Hope anyone from COMCAST can help.

Official Employee

Re: To watch <channel> you'll need to connect to your home WIFI

Hi, rferre. Thanks for posting. Please review this link here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-started-xfinity-tv-mobile-app and view the "Using the TV Listings" section to find out what all can be done without being connected to your in-home network. When you are out of home, we recommend using the "TVGo" or "Available Out of Home" filter. There are copyright, licensing, and contractual agreements that can surround how content is viewed and/or if it's available out of home. We have to have the rights and authorization from the network provider in order to be able to distribute their content accordingly. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Morgan,

I understand and agree with the license restriction, but this happens while I am in my home network trying to watch live channels in my Tablet or Desktop PC at home. I see several customers with the exact same problem reported in this forum.

What I suggest is to have the APP developers and web designers to fix the way they check that the customer is in their home network, because whatever the way is doing it now is not working right. Hope you can pass this message to higher level of support, because the regular 2 levels I usually call don't have the capability to fix this problem.

Thanks for your response.

Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  I'm connected to my home network from my laptop via ethernet cable but I can't watch any of the non-"tv go" channels.  The 1st level support already reset my account and services profile.  But I'm still having issues.

Expert

@delawarean wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  I'm connected to my home network from my laptop via ethernet cable but I can't watch any of the non-"tv go" channels.  The 1st level support already reset my account and services profile.  But I'm still having issues.

look at your modem/gateway's  labels and note the HFC MAC address.  call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to fix your modem 'serial number to match the HFC MAC address. fixed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

If you're still experiencing problems with this, please send me a private message so I can take a look at your account and determine the cause of the problem. We have various ways to fix this. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I am on my home wifi - on two different laptops and Neither can see ANY channels, TVGO or Live. THis is the message: 

Get more of what you're looking for.

It looks like your plan doesn't include any channels. Luckily, there's an easy fix. Xfinity Stream delivers hundreds of channels that you can watch just about anywhere. Get started now.

BUT streaming IS part of my plan !!!!!!!

Expert

@shlake wrote:

I am on my home wifi - on two different laptops and Neither can see ANY channels, TVGO or Live. THis is the message: 

It looks like your plan doesn't include any channels. Luckily, there's an easy fix. Xfinity Stream delivers hundreds of channels that you can watch just about anywhere. Get started now.

BUT streaming IS part of my plan !!!!!!!

do you have X1 set top boxes that are in your home and active? 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, we have 3 and all boxes are woking. Streaming used to work on our laptops, not sure when we tried last. BUT streaming is working on my iPad. All on same wifi. 

Expert

@shlake wrote:

Yes, we have 3 and all boxes are woking. Streaming used to work on our laptops, not sure when we tried last. BUT streaming is working on my iPad. All on same wifi. 

try using the chrome browser. what error messages/images/error-numbers do you see?

Frequent Visitor

I am using th pe Chrome Browser. No error codes, just the following message when I click on the stream, page, for “list all Channels”. My plan does include Channels.

Here’s the message I get;

BUT stre

Silver Problem Solver

@shlake wrote:

I am using th pe Chrome Browser. No error codes, just the following message when I click on the stream, page, for “list all Channels”. My plan does include Channels.

Here’s the message I get;

BUT stre

Are you signed in with the username and password in My Account?

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security#username-password

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I am signed in when I try.

Yesterday, (doing everything the same way - on same home wifi), I did not get the message about "My plan not including any channels" and channels did show up - BUT they were only "TVGO" channels, not ALL my channels. I was on my home WIFI, logged in to my account, but could only see "TVGO" channels. 

I have not changed how I am trying to view channels, Xfinity is definitely changing something on their end! 

Silver Problem Solver

@shlake wrote:

Yes, I am signed in when I try.

Yesterday, (doing everything the same way - on same home wifi), I did not get the message about "My plan not including any channels" and channels did show up - BUT they were only "TVGO" channels, not ALL my channels. I was on my home WIFI, logged in to my account, but could only see "TVGO" channels. 

I have not changed how I am trying to view channels, Xfinity is definitely changing something on their end! 

The only thing I can offer is to call 1800comcast and ask them.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi again, rferre. I never ended up hearing back from you on this, in order to continue going forward. If you end up needing further support with this, please continue responding to me via private message. Thank you.