Community Forum

To watch <channel>, you'll need to connect to your home WiFi

Contributor

To watch <channel>, you'll need to connect to your home WiFi

Greetings,

I get the above message although I am connected to my home WiFi.

Working with a Windows 10 PC, tried with Firefox and Edge browser - same result. Cache cleared repeatedly, also repeatedly modem and pc rebooted - no change. Any help to remedy the issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: To watch <channel>, you'll need to connect to your home WiFi

amcheval wrote:

Greetings,

I get the above message although I am connected to my home WiFi.

Working with a Windows 10 PC, tried with Firefox and Edge browser - same result. Cache cleared repeatedly, also repeatedly modem and pc rebooted - no change. Any help to remedy the issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Verify you're on your private wifi and not your public wifi.

Also, go here: https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices and verify the serial number listed for your cable modem matches what is listed on your cable modem. If not call support and notify them.

Contributor

Re: To watch <channel>, you'll need to connect to your home WiFi

Thank you for taking the time, mvenanzi.

I've doubl checked WiFi and Modem and all is as it should be at those levels ~ so, theoretically, your suggestions helped exclude two more causes!

Practically, having twiddled again I felt compelled to try to get to the channals again and -miracles and wonders!- this time they worked like a charm. Clearly your vibes worked through the ether to set everything aright.

Jokes aside, I'm really grateful for the help you offered. The very best wishes your way - have a most glorious day!