Community Forum

Streaming: some channels don't give a "watch" option

Highlighted
New Poster

Streaming: some channels don't give a "watch" option

The only options for some channels are "Record" and "Series." I don't want to record anything. I want to watch only. Why is that? These are all channels on my plan, but I can't watch them on this streaming TV.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Streaming: some channels don't give a "watch" option


@barbiesa wrote:

The only options for some channels are "Record" and "Series." I don't want to record anything. I want to watch only. Why is that? These are all channels on my plan, but I can't watch them on this streaming TV.


what is your TV brand/model number? did you try the same channel(s) on a smart device connected t the same wifi? is it an app on the TV? a channel on a roku device?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Streaming: some channels don't give a "watch" option


@Rustyben wrote:

@barbiesa wrote:

The only options for some channels are "Record" and "Series." I don't want to record anything. I want to watch only. Why is that? These are all channels on my plan, but I can't watch them on this streaming TV.


what is your TV brand/model number? did you try the same channel(s) on a smart device connected t the same wifi? is it an app on the TV? a channel on a roku device?


It's a TCL Smart TV with Roku. I don't use streaming on any other device. It's Xfinity Streaming Channel on Roku. The streaming grid looks the same as on my cable-connected TV, except for the "Watch," "Record," and "Series" buttons. "Watch" isn't available on a lot of channels for some reason, so I can't watch them. I don't understand why this is.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Streaming: some channels don't give a "watch" option


@barbiesa wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@barbiesa wrote:

The only options for some channels are "Record" and "Series." I don't want to record anything. I want to watch only. Why is that? These are all channels on my plan, but I can't watch them on this streaming TV.


what is your TV brand/model number? did you try the same channel(s) on a smart device connected t the same wifi? is it an app on the TV? a channel on a roku device?


It's a TCL Smart TV with Roku. I don't use streaming on any other device. It's Xfinity Streaming Channel on Roku. The streaming grid looks the same as on my cable-connected TV, except for the "Watch," "Record," and "Series" buttons. "Watch" isn't available on a lot of channels for some reason, so I can't watch them. I don't understand why this is.


without a smart phone/tablet to try the app or a pc to try the streaming web site it is hard to determine the problem. you could start with using the xfinity my account app on a smart device, select 'internet' tab, then check to see if you have one and only one modem/gateway? if only one, touch the modem and compare the shown serial number to your gateway/modem's HFC MAC address to be sure it is exactly identical. (the roku will only work with the xfinity stream beta TV channel on your own home wifi network).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!