Community Forum

Streaming Says Have to Buy Series

Frequent Visitor

Streaming Says Have to Buy Series

Away from home, logged in to our xfinity account (fully paid with subscription to HBO and others) when try to watch series like GAme of Thrones, get a “have to buy message”. Not that way at home, so why would it be when away from home? Something not right, and I see numberous messages about problems with streaming service, wish I knew how to correct it.

Thanks for any insight.

Expert

Re: Streaming Says Have to Buy Series

@Thrashniac wrote:

Away from home, logged in to our xfinity account (fully paid with subscription to HBO and others) when try to watch series like GAme of Thrones, get a “have to buy message”. Not that way at home, so why would it be when away from home? Something not right, and I see numberous messages about problems with streaming service, wish I knew how to correct it.

Thanks for any insight.

you gave so many scenarios. you are describing away from home so I tested using cell data on iphone. selected two different HBO channels (numbered) and they both worked on cell data. the HBO TVgo as well as any HBO on-demand content that is not restricted to in-home by HBO. I selected from the browse menu and searched for game of thrones and began the on-demand of season 7 episode 7. have you tried those methods of playing the episodes?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @Thrashniac

I've replied to your private message. Please reply at your convenience and I can help look into this if you are still having issues streaming. Chat with you soon. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Thanks for letting me know this error self corrected @Thrashniac. If you run into any problems in the future, let us know. Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.