Community Forum

Stream thinks im not at home

Frequent Visitor

Stream thinks im not at home

So after reading threads, one possible issue is that the s/n of the modem doesn't match what is in my account. I went and checked and sure enough it is different. it looks like my account is listing a mac address instead of the s/n. on top of that, the mac address is incorrect. it doesn't match either of the lan/or wireless mac addresses shown on the modem page. how do i get this corrected?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Stream thinks im not at home

@pitt1717 wrote:

So after reading threads, one possible issue is that the s/n of the modem doesn't match what is in my account. I went and checked and sure enough it is different. it looks like my account is listing a mac address instead of the s/n. on top of that, the mac address is incorrect. it doesn't match either of the lan/or wireless mac addresses shown on the modem page. how do i get this corrected?

What they list as Serial # is the mac address. If its not your modem's mac address, call support and notify them.

Frequent Visitor

just got off a chat. and supplied the info. they said the modem was listed correctly. not sure how as my page lists the last 2 digits of the mac incorrectly. maybe ill try another tech..... 2nd day with comcast.............

Bronze Problem Solver

@pitt1717 wrote:

just got off a chat. and supplied the info. they said the modem was listed correctly. not sure how as my page lists the last 2 digits of the mac incorrectly. maybe ill try another tech..... 2nd day with comcast.............

There shoould be a sticker on your modem with mac addresses on it. The one that needs to match your serial number listed on your My Devices page is the EMAC or CMAC not your LAN or wireless.

Frequent Visitor

ahhh, ill check tomorrow. that may be it. ty

Expert

adding... on my owned modem, it says HFC MAC address.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.