Community Forum

Stream "Available to watch in home only"

New Poster

Stream "Available to watch in home only"

Unable to watch live channels on our devices while at home and while on wifi. We had the capability for about a year but for about the last two months we keep receiving "available to watch in home only". Makes no sense. We've changed nothing.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Stream "Available to watch in home only"

@wrote:

Unable to watch live channels on our devices while at home and while on wifi. We had the capability for about a year but for about the last two months we keep receiving "available to watch in home only". Makes no sense. We've changed nothing.

Verify you're on your private wifi and not your public wifi (or some nieghbor's)

Go here: https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices and verify the serial number listed for yor your cable modem matches what is listed on your cable modem. If not call support and notify them.

New Poster

It is ridiculous.  I pay far too much money to consistently receive inconsistent errors/messages and no support unless I want to stay on hold for an hour.  Time to cut everything related to Comcast??  At what point do I receive customer service commensurate with the $$ I pay and have paid for ten years?

Expert

@DHernandez200 wrote:

It is ridiculous.  I pay far too much money to consistently receive inconsistent errors/messages and no support unless I want to stay on hold for an hour.  Time to cut everything related to Comcast??  At what point do I receive customer service commensurate with the $$ I pay and have paid for ten years?

hi, check the post just before your post. What did you find on that link?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

sorry, I just got Xfinity, switched from dish. I am also getting watch in home only. I read the other post, am I missing something here? Why do I have to be on my home network to stream on my phone? If I want to watch tv while on my home network i can just turn on the TV. The whole point of streaming is to watch while your away from home isn't it? Before When I was on Dish I could watch any channel from anywhere. Why do I have to be on my home network? I switched to comcast because they boast the most wifi hotspots, what good are they if you can't stream while connected to them.

Can someone please explain this to me, please?

Thanks

Barry

Bronze Problem Solver

@bmongomery wrote:

sorry, I just got Xfinity, switched from dish. I am also getting watch in home only. I read the other post, am I missing something here? Why do I have to be on my home network to stream on my phone? If I want to watch tv while on my home network i can just turn on the TV. The whole point of streaming is to watch while your away from home isn't it? Before When I was on Dish I could watch any channel from anywhere. Why do I have to be on my home network? I switched to comcast because they boast the most wifi hotspots, what good are they if you can't stream while connected to them.

Can someone please explain this to me, please?

Thanks

Barry

You can stream while off your home network using TVGO channels for live tv or on demand content that is not flagged has "In-Home"

New Poster

I pay for DVR and expect to watch on my computer while traveling.  Out of state, I'm obviously NOT on my home WIFI but AM signed in to my private account with comcast.  I should be able to, or what is the use of being about to watch on computer if I have to do it from my own home (wifi).  I've watched from out of state before, why the problem now all of a sudden?

Highlighted
New Poster

"You can stream while off your home network using TVGO channels for live tv or on demand content that is not flagged has "In-Home""

Why is there "TVGO channels" and not all channels? DISH had all channels. I could watch any channel, anytime, anywhere from my phone. How do I watch the major networks live? Do i have to download each of their apps and sign in to watch?

Bronze Problem Solver

@bmongomery wrote:

"You can stream while off your home network using TVGO channels for live tv or on demand content that is not flagged has "In-Home""

Why is there "TVGO channels" and not all channels? DISH had all channels. I could watch any channel, anytime, anywhere from my phone. How do I watch the major networks live? Do i have to download each of their apps and sign in to watch?

what can I tell you other than Comcast is not Dish. Most of my major networs are available as TVGO channels. Set the Available out of Home Filter, click Apply, then look for the network you want.

Untitled.png

Expert

@HUSTON8888 wrote:

I pay for DVR and expect to watch on my computer while traveling.  Out of state, I'm obviously NOT on my home WIFI but AM signed in to my private account with comcast.  I should be able to, or what is the use of being about to watch on computer if I have to do it from my own home (wifi).  I've watched from out of state before, why the problem now all of a sudden?

we are able to watch completed DVR programs when away from the home but still in USA.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.