Community Forum

Stream app question

Contributor

Stream app question

Xfinity Stream app version 5.1.3.002 on Android.  

I am receiving obtrusive advertisements inserted / interrupting the programs I am attempting to watch.  Sometimes it interrupts the show, other times it interrupts a commercial advertisement.  It is not coming from another app on my phone.  At the bottom of the video there is a 'more info' that links to an Xfinity web site.  Yes, I am signed into the app.  It started this evening, 11/21/2018. 

How do I eliminate / opt out of this?

Thank you.

Expert

Re: Stream app question

@nelson21 wrote:

Xfinity Stream app version 5.1.3.002 on Android.  

I am receiving obtrusive advertisements inserted / interrupting the programs I am attempting to watch.  Sometimes it interrupts the show, other times it interrupts a commercial advertisement.  It is not coming from another app on my phone.  At the bottom of the video there is a 'more info' that links to an Xfinity web site.  Yes, I am signed into the app.  It started this evening, 11/21/2018. 

How do I eliminate / opt out of this?

Thank you.

what were you watching at the time? (live TVgo/on-demand/live linear TV/recordings? what network/title?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Stream app question

Thank you for your reply. 

I was watching live tv - MSNBC, HD channel 818 on my branch of the system.

Checked again tonight, same channel,  still getting interruptions.