Community Forum

Stream App on Fire TV and Apple TV

Regular Contributor

Stream App on Fire TV and Apple TV

The two streaming platforms that I use - Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV - still have no joy with Xfinity.  We are getting close to the end of 2018, when I thought these were to be delivered.  Anyone seen even a beta release?

Expert

Re: Stream App on Fire TV and Apple TV

@user1724 wrote:

The two streaming platforms that I use - Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV - still have no joy with Xfinity.  We are getting close to the end of 2018, when I thought these were to be delivered.  Anyone seen even a beta release?

end of 2018 may be a Christmas present. still waiting for it to be formally announced.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello , the information that (Rustyben) provided is correct. Currently only certain devices have the Xfinity Stream app. We anticipate adding more equipment manufacturers and devices during 2018. For eligible device models, see the activation information for Roku devices and Samsung devices.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hopefully this happens soon. I just bought a Toshiba Smart TV with the Fire OS 6, not knowing that the Xfinity streaming app is not compatible with it. The minimum requirements listed on the Xfinity site include Fire, so this is a huge disappointment. The ability to stream Xfinity is the whole reason I bought the TV since it's too difficult to install cable in the room I'll be using it. I don't want to return the TV, but might have to.

Official Employee

Hello @CTGirl1971, thanks for reaching out and I apologize about any inconvenience or frustration this caused you! We appreciate your feedback regarding this as well. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.