Community Forum

Starz App STILL Unavailable

New Poster

Starz App STILL Unavailable

Why is Xfinity blocking subscribers from the StarzApp? This has gone on way too long. What's up? Why can't you resolve this issue? And what is the issue anyway?

Tags (2)
Official Employee

Re: Starz App STILL Unavailable

Subscriber007, what do you mean by "blocking subscribers"? You can watch all your favorite Starz programs on the XFINITY Stream app.

Regular Visitor

The Starz App is currently showing Season 3 Episode 1 of Outlander starting at Midnight of the day it airs.  With Season 2 Comcast also showed the program On Demand starting at Midnight but Season 3 Episode 1 is not airing early (even though people are watching on the Starz app).  So there is definitely a problem with Starz programming not being available on Comcast (On Demand or Online)

Regular Visitor

ComcastKenF wrote:

Subscriber007, what do you mean by "blocking subscribers"? You can watch all your favorite Starz programs on the XFINITY Stream app

ComcastKenF wrote:

Subscriber007, what do you mean by "blocking subscribers"? You can watch all your favorite Starz programs on the XFINITY Stream app.

The Xfinity app isn't showing programs that air earlier than scheduled.

New Poster

The problem with watching Starz through the Xfinity stream app, is that you can't screen mirror it to your TV (like you can with all other entertainment apps) because Xfinity doesn't allow it. Such a con.
Regular Visitor

LeslieRV wrote:
The problem with watching Starz through the Xfinity stream app, is that you can't screen mirror it to your TV (like you can with all other entertainment apps) because Xfinity doesn't allow it. Such a con.?

Agreed. Why is Comcast STILL blocking us from casting with Fire or Chrome? Do you really need to turn us upside down and shake EVERY nickel out of our pockets?

Frequent Visitor

Right. Paying Comcast customers are STILL blocked from watching Starz, even though they are paying a premium for Starz. The xfinity streaming app for roku does NOT work outside the home with Starz (errr- what’s the point of a streaming app you can only see in the walls of your own house?? The whole streaming use case is that viewers are on the go).

This is ridiculous, and is my main reason for dumping Comcast for the att viewing/streaming service.
Frequent Visitor

WRONG. You cannot watch Starz. The Starz app does NOT let paying Comcast customers access their content (although we’ve purchased it), even tho most other cable providers do. The xfinity streaming app does not work outside the home (which is the whole point of streaming). So, this is a HUGE fail on Comcast’s part.
New Poster

Download the Xfinity streaming app. If you have a subscription to Starz, you’ll be able to watch their content there. As for the starting 2 days earlier than everyone else on Outlander and such, no idea. Agreed that it’s annoying and frustrating. Comcast has the sands issue with Cinemax too - you’d think they would knock the $7.99 off our bill so we could order the Starz channel Independently at least. Ugh Comcast (eye roll)
New Poster

To Comcast, 

Actually, you are blocking customers. The whole point of having an app is to watch certain programs while NOT at home - you are blocking customers from watching their favorite TV shows by forcing them to use the Xfinity app, which is not reliable and forces you to be home to watch certain episodes. Why would I use the app while at home? I use TV apps to watch while away from, and your app forces you to be at home to watch certain episodes. 

I'm actually cancelling with Xfinity because of this very problem. 

New Poster

Wha about from the STARZ app on amazon fire stick ?
New Poster

When you attempt to access the Starz app, Xfinity is not even a choice of providers. In an easier post from Comcast, it was suggested to use Xfinity app to access Starz shows. Well, this is also impossible because most of the episodes are unavailable or mist be watched at home. This makes absolutely no sense since an Xfinity customers already pay for access to this channel. It should function like many other premium channels' app. Please explain why you don't offer access to Starz app. Clearly your previous explanation does not suffice.
New Poster

Stand alone STARZ app is blessed coed to Xfinity customers paying for premium service on home cable tv!! Comcast/Xfinity blocks STARZ subscribers from using free STARZ stand alone app unless you pay an extra 8.99 subscription to STARZ. Why would I do that if I’m already paying Comcast. Furthermore Comcast blocks you from using the streaming app on a tv at a remote location e.g. the hotel where I spend 75% of my time away from home because I am deployed. Mirroring is not allowed! Also using WiFi produces the 3305 error so you are forced to use your data plan. Unfortunately in my Florida home I can use Comcast or Satellite which goes out in a storm. So far Comcast seems vice stinks. Wish I had Fios again like I did when I lived in NYC. <br>
New Poster

Hey Ken,

Where did you go?  Once the customers pointed out that you weren't addressing their issue, you DISAPPEAR.  That's the comcast way though.  Avoid the customer's real issues.

New Poster

@Jahpeto wrote:
Wha about from the STARZ app on amazon fire stick ?

nope- comcast blocks subscribers from using the starz app on amazon fires. Unlike apps like hbogo, you are unable to log in with your comcast account. There is said to be a dispute between starz and comcast because they combined their streaming services (paying cable customers & people who subscribe to a separate monthly starz only streaming service) into a single app (unlike hbogo vs hbonow). I guess they think starz will intice customers to ditch their comcast subscription for a monthly starz plan, however is kind of backfires as this makes me not want to continue with comcast once my plan expires. What's the point in paying all this money if you can't take your subscription on the go (can only use xfinity app in house) or on a fire stick when all the other cable providers allow it. Poor decision from comcast.

New Poster

This is April 2018 and is it not fixed??  I am paying good money to watch these channels!

New Poster

This is exactly why people are ditching cable and I plan to do it; I am paying $230 a MONTH and don’t watch half of what’s available and one show; OUTLANDER, I can’t see! Grrrr

Expert

@Blacksmith10 wrote:

This is exactly why people are ditching cable and I plan to do it; I am paying $230 a MONTH and don’t watch half of what’s available and one show; OUTLANDER, I can’t see! Grrrr

Starz sells access to its app as does CBS for their premium programming. your subscription includes linear and six TVgo channels. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.