Community Forum

Someone has been using my account

New Poster

Someone has been using my account

I noticed someone has been watching my DVR recordings. I’ve changed my password and it did not help. What else has to be done?

Expert

Re: Someone has been using my account

@Lmoore76 wrote:

I noticed someone has been watching my DVR recordings. I’ve changed my password and it did not help. What else has to be done?

do you live alone? do you access recordings on more than one device? have you given your username/password to someone else to use?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

My friens had the username and password but I changed it. I believe they’ve never logged out this allowing them to keep watching. Household members do not watch the shows recorded.
Expert

@Lmoore76 wrote:
My friens had the username and password but I changed it. I believe they’ve never logged out this allowing them to keep watching. Household members do not watch the shows recorded.

recordings can only be created 'at' a home set top box. apps can't set recordings.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

The shows are being watched by someone besides me. Is there a way to deactivate anyone outside of the home from viewing recordings?
Expert

@Lmoore76 wrote:
The shows are being watched by someone besides me. Is there a way to deactivate anyone outside of the home from viewing recordings?

are you in an apartment or condo complex or free standing home?

New Poster

Apartment
Expert

@Lmoore76 wrote:
Apartment

call 800-Comcast and select TV and ask for a tech to install a POE (point of entry) MoCA filter on your line going to your apartment. that will block other X1 equipment from being able to see and make changes on your 'in-home' wiring.

Bronze Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

@Lmoore76 wrote:
Apartment

call 800-Comcast and select TV and ask for a tech to install a POE (point of entry) MoCA filter on your line going to your apartment. that will block other X1 equipment from being able to see and make changes on your 'in-home' wiring.

Its more likely someone is using OP's login to watch recordings using website or app. Change password and have all devices deprovisioned

Expert

@mvenanzi wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Lmoore76 wrote:
Apartment

Its more likely someone is using OP's login to watch recordings using website or app. Change password and have all devices deprovisioned

except that portable devices/streamsite can't set a recording

Bronze Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

@mvenanzi wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Lmoore76 wrote:
Apartment

OP stated someone is watching recording, not setting them.

Expert

@mvenanzi wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@mvenanzi wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Lmoore76 wrote:
Apartment

OP stated someone is watching recording, not setting them.

" Household members do not watch the shows recorded." was stated. meanding the OP did not make nor want to watch those recordings yet they appeard. only possible way is 'in home' or condo related set top boxes. The tech will fix the issue.

Official Employee

Actually, the OP just stated watched recordings. Lmoore76, follow the advice from mvenanzi above of calling in to have all devices deprovisioned and reset your password. Don’t waste your time on an unnecessary truck roll, there’s no outside interference with your X1 equipment.