Community Forum

Secondary residence in FL - possible to use XFINITY Stream?

New Poster

Secondary residence in FL - possible to use XFINITY Stream?

We have XFINITY in Minnesota - with an X1 box and DVR.

We are now also living part-time in Florida (that rented apartment has AT&T, I believe).

We can use the XFINITY Stream app on our ipads to see saved content via the internet.

We are wondering if there is a way to see our DVR-ed content on the smart TVs in Florida over the internet.

The main TV is an LG (don't know the actual model offhand) and another is a Samsung.

The Samsung has the XFINITY Ultra HD app but I don't think that that is the same.

We are trying to watch our saved shows off the DVR over the internet on a smart TV and not sure the options.

Thanks!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Secondary residence in FL - possible to use XFINITY Stream?

brianrepko wrote:

We have XFINITY in Minnesota - with an X1 box and DVR.

We are now also living part-time in Florida (that rented apartment has AT&T, I believe).

We can use the XFINITY Stream app on our ipads to see saved content via the internet.

We are wondering if there is a way to see our DVR-ed content on the smart TVs in Florida over the internet.

The main TV is an LG (don't know the actual model offhand) and another is a Samsung.

The Samsung has the XFINITY Ultra HD app but I don't think that that is the same.

We are trying to watch our saved shows off the DVR over the internet on a smart TV and not sure the options.

Thanks!

You can't use the app to mirror/cast to a tv, streaming is blocked if you do. You can mirror/cast using a pc and the streaming web site.

New Poster

Just so I understand the words that are coming out of your mouth...

* I need a Chromecast (or similar) device for the TV

* On the PC, use the XFINITY Stream Portal

* Throw the Chrome browser to the TV

Do I have that right?

And that works outside of the home network?

Bronze Problem Solver

brianrepko wrote:

Just so I understand the words that are coming out of your mouth...

* I need a Chromecast (or similar) device for the TV

* On the PC, use the XFINITY Stream Portal

* Throw the Chrome browser to the TV

Do I have that right?

And that works outside of the home network?

Yes, chromecast or just a hdmi cable between tv and pc with the XFINITY Stream Portal. Since your not on your home network you will be limited to the tv go channels and on demand that is "available out of home"