Community Forum

Samsung Xfinity Stream Beta screen size

Frequent Visitor

Samsung Xfinity Stream Beta screen size

I am running the Samsung Xfinity Stream Beta on my QLED 75 TV (model QN75Q75FM) with up to date software. 

All the movies that I have played so far have are shown on a much smaller window than the full screen size. I don't see any setting to fix this. 

It also looks like some shows (like FBI) are truncated on the sides like 4:3 instead of HD format. 

Is this normal for this app? 

Thanks, 

Patrick.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Samsung Xfinity Stream Beta screen size

Xfinity does not take the word Beta lightly, I think it means useless.

The app actually seemd to work, when I got my TV about 4 months ago, now every HD channel is gone, and I also have the 4:3 or 4:3 compressed issue.

Frequent Visitor

I believe that the HD channels are gone as well. 

Expert

@phdussud wrote:

I am running the Samsung Xfinity Stream Beta on my QLED 75 TV (model QN75Q75FM) with up to date software. 

All the movies that I have played so far have are shown on a much smaller window than the full screen size. I don't see any setting to fix this. 

It also looks like some shows (like FBI) are truncated on the sides like 4:3 instead of HD format. 

Is this normal for this app? 

Thanks, 

Patrick.

look on your most recent Comcast bill. is there a separate line for "HD Technology fee" $10/month? if it shows 0.00 won't show HD on cable channels, local channels might have HD available.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Well I have HD working on my Ipad, on my moc moxi box

Frequent Visitor

I checked and I do have HD service for my cable channels. 

Expert

ook on your most recent Comcast bill. is there a separate line for "HD Technology fee" $10/month? if it shows 0.00 won't show HD on cable channels, local channels might have HD available.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

As I said before my Xfinity subscription isn't the issue. I have HD contents on every device and my contract says I have HD contents

Official Employee

phdussud, thank you for reaching out. 

I would be happy to look into the Stream issues further with you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have the exact same issue. Is there a resolution?
Frequent Visitor

Not yet...

Expert

to the best of my understanding, the Roku (and Samsung version) of the beta stream app will only include HD 'if' the customer's bill shows HD technology at $10 and will not show HD if HD is included in a package. It was not like that in the beginning so it isn't a bug (I don't think).

Official Employee

Thegreat21 - 

This looks like an account-specific issue. Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to take a look at this further together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello all - 

I was able to confirm, with the help of Rustyben and phdussud, that the HD Technology Fee would need to be added in order to resolve this issue.