Community Forum

Samsung 32" Q50R with Xfinity Streaming Beta App

Frequent Visitor

Samsung 32" Q50R with Xfinity Streaming Beta App

The Samsung Q50 TV is not listed as being available to be used with the steaming app.  Although the Q85, Q80, Q70, and Q60 are listed as supported.  The Q50 was just released, probably after the Xfinity list was created.  Anyone know if the Q50 is supported?  Thank You

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Samsung 32" Q50R with Xfinity Streaming Beta App

Per the link, not at this time

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks

I saw that, that's why I asked the question.  I'm just wondering if that article came out before the Q50 was released.  I've called Comcast and Samsung but cannot get a definite answer.

Diamond Problem Solver

The list gets updated when compatible devices get added.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks

Please pardon my ignorance on this topic, but if I buy the tv before it is compatible can it ever be compatible?  In other words if it became compatible, at a later date, would a software update make my older Q50 compatible?

Diamond Problem Solver

Sorry, that’s like being able to see in the future. Impossible to say what could end up being compatible

Expert

@CCAndrew wrote:
Sorry, that’s like being able to see in the future. Impossible to say what could end up being compatible

imo it is better to use a roku device. portable and then you can buy the TV you want not one that can sort of run the same app the roku runs professionally (it just works well). Roku are so inexpensive now. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank You