Community Forum

Roku

New Poster

Roku

Installed two Roku streaming players and I keep getting error messages from both. Roku keeps saying that I’m not connected to my home WiFi but I am. I’ve restarted both my internet connection and Roku players with the same error message
New Poster

Re: Roku

Same problem here! I hope someone can help since I HATE to call customer service unless I have no other option. Thanks
Expert

Re: Roku

@Tiffylee90 wrote:
Installed two Roku streaming players and I keep getting error messages from both. Roku keeps saying that I’m not connected to my home WiFi but I am. I’ve restarted both my internet connection and Roku players with the same error message

either you are not at home on your home wifi, or the modem you are using is not assigned to your account. To check the last one first take a picture of the serial numbers etc on your modem and then run the Xfinity My Account app and select the internet tab. for the modem compare the modem's shown serial number with the actual modem's HFC MAC address. is it the same exact string of characters?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.