Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Roku Channel changing

New Poster

Roku Channel changing

I purchased the Roku Express. I set it up. Got access to the Xfinity Stream app. I can watch TV. But, I can't find a way to change the channels. When I hit Live TV, I get the channel guide, but can't find out how to get a station without moving through the guide one channel at a timne.The Roku remote has no channel buttons. Can someone help me. THANK YOU 

Official Employee

Re: Roku Channel changing

Please try using the * (asterisk) key to enter a channel number. This instruction should also appear on your screen.

Gitlin134 wrote:

I purchased the Roku Express. I set it up. Got access to the Xfinity Stream app. I can watch TV. But, I can't find a way to change the channels. When I hit Live TV, I get the channel guide, but can't find out how to get a station without moving through the guide one channel at a timne.The Roku remote has no channel buttons. Can someone help me. THANK YOU 

New Poster

Asterisk from a channel just brings up the Options menu (closed cap, audio track, night listening, etc.) It has to be from the guide view.

Huge bummer to have to back out to the guide to change channels. No mini guide when viewing a channel.
New Poster

At least though, you can do down arrow while you're watching something, then OK and it will bring up Last Watched channels.  That's a pretty good shortcut to go back and forth among a few channels.