Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Red cast over screen

New Poster

Red cast over screen

Streaming live tv is never right.  either the sound cuts in and out or now the new issue is a bright red layer over every show.

any ideas?

Official Employee

Re: Red cast over screen

jadechop wrote:

Streaming live tv is never right.  either the sound cuts in and out or now the new issue is a bright red layer over every show.

any ideas?

Sorry for your trouble. The audio dropouts could be buffering. Perhaps run a speed test to see if you are getting the proper performance (best to do this while hardwired instead of wifi to isolate wifi issues): http://speedtestbeta.xfinity.com/

I haven't heard of others with the red layer issue so suspect it is something with your computer. Can you give me a specific show + season/episode so I can test on my end? Does it happen on any other video streaming sites (YouTube.com)?

Thanks,

ComcastDan

New Poster

We have a similar problem.  Our screen appear red when we try to watch TV on the computer.  When we first choose the channel, it flashes normal color but immediately goes to red and stays red.  We can see the show but everything is cast to red colors.  How can we resolve this?  Or who could we call at Comcast for help?

New Poster

We have the same issue.
As soon as the steam starts it is red, flashes normal, and goes back to red. This is on every channel.

All other streaming services work perfectly.
Official Employee

Hello @PTheo and @ALC78, can you please confirm which web browser you are using? Please try another web browser and confirm if this occurs on the different browser. 

New Poster

I'm having the same red cast over my Xfinity streaming tv too. I've tried several browsers, and it only happens with Google Chrome Version 60.0.3112.101(2017). Oddly enough, however, recently I am not able to stream any Xfinity tv on any browser. I just get the pulsating loading bubbles...all shows, all channels, all browsers.

I'm just about over with my Xfintiy experience. I pay too much money each month for services that don't work.

Official Employee

Hi _Chance_, have you tried streaming from another device other than the one you're currently using? Do you only get the "red cast" when streaming live TV, or do you get when trying to stream any content from our site? 

New Poster

I have the same red screen problem on Chrome.  I'd use Safari but Comcast/Xfinity has a known bug with Safari right now so it doesn't work at all.  Please provide us with a fix for Chrome.

New Poster

I am getting the same red cast trying to view xfinity stream tv shows on my Chrome browser on my mac.

New Poster

i have it as well.  refreshed, no change.  speedtest is in the 70MG range on dowload.  using chrome as the browser.  Argh!!!