Community Forum

Recordings won't play

Regular Visitor

Recordings won't play

Lately, none of my recordings are working. I get the "We're having trouble playing this recording" message. Why is that happening? Is it happening to anyone else?

New Poster

Re: Recordings won't play

Did you ever figure it out?  I just started getting this error message.   They will play on my tv but not on my computer.   

Expert

@Ucardmaster wrote:

Did you ever figure it out?  I just started getting this error message.   They will play on my tv but not on my computer.   

try a test. go to a channel like TVLand and record a short program in progress and when it finishes recording try to play it back. does this short program play back on the computer?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

I have been having the same issues.  Some recordings will replay on devices using streaming and others won't.   I can replay a recording on an X1 connected television but the same recording gives me  a  "didn't go as expected message"  .    Something not right in the cloud.  Hope it doesn't start raining on comcast.