Community Forum

Recordings won't play

Regular Visitor

Recordings won't play

Lately, none of my recordings are working. I get the "We're having trouble playing this recording" message. Why is that happening? Is it happening to anyone else?

New Poster

Re: Recordings won't play

Did you ever figure it out?  I just started getting this error message.   They will play on my tv but not on my computer.   

Highlighted
Expert

@Ucardmaster wrote:

Did you ever figure it out?  I just started getting this error message.   They will play on my tv but not on my computer.   

try a test. go to a channel like TVLand and record a short program in progress and when it finishes recording try to play it back. does this short program play back on the computer?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I have been having the same issues.  Some recordings will replay on devices using streaming and others won't.   I can replay a recording on an X1 connected television but the same recording gives me  a  "didn't go as expected message"  .    Something not right in the cloud.  Hope it doesn't start raining on comcast.