Community Forum

Recordings on app skip & pause

New Poster

Recordings on app skip & pause

50 percent of the time or more our recordings in the DVR queue skip ahead, pause, buffer and malfunction or error during playback from the app. Very frustrating. They work from the box on our main Tv, but, the not from the app. Would like an ETA on a fix, I see many people complaining about this.
Official Employee

Re: Recordings on app skip & pause

Hi Stang627, are you having this issue with recently recorded content or with content that was recorded before 3/1/18? 

New Poster

We have the same issue. We just got a Roku device, but I thought the recording is happening on the server, not on the device. It's made watching the recorded world cup games impossible. The problem lies with the recording, not the playback, it records for a minute or so, then jumps 30-45 seconds and son on.

Expert

@grumit wrote:

We have the same issue. We just got a Roku device, but I thought the recording is happening on the server, not on the device. It's made watching the recorded world cup games impossible. The problem lies with the recording, not the playback, it records for a minute or so, then jumps 30-45 seconds and son on.

you are correct, the recordings are recorded by cloud DVR servers. When you watch on your home DVR the recordings are complete and full-length?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.