Community Forum

Recorded shows not appearing on Stream app

Contributor

Recorded shows not appearing on Stream app

Recently I’ve notice that some of my recorded shows are not showing up in the Xfinity Stream app on my iphone and ipad. Up until a few months ago everything recorded showed up. Right now on my iphone and ipad I have The Walking Dead and Talking Dead showing up on the Xfinity Stream app but on the TVs I can see Homeland, Here and Now and one other recorded show. The first time I noticed this was when Victoria was on Masterpiece and one of those episodes didn’t show up. I decided to record that episode again when it ran at another time and it showed up on Xfinity Stream. At that point, I thought possibly it was just an outage for the Xfinity Stream app. But recently every week there are always shows not showing up on my Xfinity Stream app that were recorded, showing up on the TVs and not deleted yet.  This is occurring while I’m in my home network, not two states away in another wifi network. 

Expert

Re: Recorded shows not appearing on Stream app

@lkpolovchik wrote:

Recently I’ve notice that some of my recorded shows are not showing up in the Xfinity Stream app on my iphone and ipad. Up until a few months ago everything recorded showed up. Right now on my iphone and ipad I have The Walking Dead and Talking Dead showing up on the Xfinity Stream app but on the TVs I can see Homeland, Here and Now and one other recorded show. The first time I noticed this was when Victoria was on Masterpiece and one of those episodes didn’t show up. I decided to record that episode again when it ran at another time and it showed up on Xfinity Stream. At that point, I thought possibly it was just an outage for the Xfinity Stream app. But recently every week there are always shows not showing up on my Xfinity Stream app that were recorded, showing up on the TVs and not deleted yet.  This is occurring while I’m in my home network, not two states away in another wifi network. 

have you set any additional time at the beginning/ending of the recordings (start early or record longer)? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

No. Additionally, last night I had The Terror set to record on amc. It shows up on the TVs as recorded shows but not on my Xfinity Stream app on my mobile devices. If I have time I’m calling for technical support later today. Is this the cloud DVR service that’s not working?

Contributor

I called for technical support and was told all of my recorded shows should show up on the Xfinity Stream app and they are available to watch from anywhere. A ticket was created. Although I’m not sure what that will do for me. It can be weeks or months before a problem is solved in my area, especially where internet service is involved. 

New Poster

This same thing has been happening to me for several months. It seems to pick and choose what shows I’m going to be able to get on my iPad and iPhone. VERY frustrating. Please post if you find a solution!
Expert

@grammyrooster wrote:
This same thing has been happening to me for several months. It seems to pick and choose what shows I’m going to be able to get on my iPad and iPhone. VERY frustrating. Please post if you find a solution!

there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I spoke with an advanced support tech who said it’s a known issue in several areas. My ticket was added to this ongoing issue. I explained that I’ve been experiencing this problem since mid-February. It’s just hit or miss what shows end up at the cloud DVR and then show up on my Xfinity stream app on my iOS devices. All shows are recorded to the DVR and stay there until deleted by me. I was told I’d have a credit but haven’t seen it on my account yet. Stuff breaks some times. I’ve seen Comcast trucks working on problems late into the evening in my area.