Community Forum

Recorded Shows Cut short on stream app

Frequent Visitor

Recorded Shows Cut short on stream app

Every single recorded show I try to watch on the app is cut short and makes the show completely unwatchable. A 60 minute show will only be like 57 min and it skips randomly throughout the show. This happens no matter what show I watch and the times all vary. COMCAST WHY CANT YOU FIGURE THIS OUT. IT MAKES MY SUBSCRIPTION USELESS!!!!
Official Employee

Re: Recorded Shows Cut short on stream app

Quicksilver8907, I've just responded to your privage message. This is a known issue in your area that we have reached out to Eingeering for a fix. I'll update you as soon as I get an update. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Still no solution
Official Employee

Still no solution

We are working on it! 

Official Employee

Have you seen any improvement?

Frequent Visitor

Today is 6/7/2018 (3 months after that original complaint was posted) this is still a problem.
Expert

@Anonyms wrote:
Today is 6/7/2018 (3 months after that original complaint was posted) this is still a problem.

so far, three customers have reported the issue has been fixed on their account. Most customers don't write back when the issue is fixed. it is being fixed in an on-going process. standard answer follows...there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

I have also been having this issue the last month or two. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? I never had a problem before but the last couple months it has affected every show I try to watch on the stream app.