Community Forum

Re: Xfinity TV app freezes and stutters

Regular Visitor

We are having this problem as well. On our iPads. We have attempted removing and reloading the apps on each device. Symptoms include stuttering, freezing and shutting down. And no, it’s not a WiFi issue. This happens when we have speeds on/around 250-300 Mbps.

Official Employee

Hi jlugo001, thank you for reaching out. Is this happening only on recordings and/or live tv?

Thank you

Regular Visitor

It happens whenever I am using the stream app

Official Employee

Thank you for the reply and is this only happening on your ipads or other devices as well? 

Thank you

Regular Visitor

It happens to me too.  The Comcast employee was insisting that something was blocking the Wifi signal.  I tried to explain that I'm sitting four feet from the router, nothing is between us, and I was the only person at home.  She was insistent.  Interesting how it never happens with the Netflix app.  I think the Stream app just isn't a very good app.

Admin1

imasportsluvr -- We can help with your app issue as well. Did tech support open a support ticket for you already?

Regular Visitor

There's a ticket open because of programs that are missing on my IOS devices that are on my home DVR.  Ken has been working with me on this.  Regarding my comments about the app freezing and stuttering, when I telephoned tech support, the agent told me it's because something is between me and my router (there isn't).  I'm just used to it now (and slightly annoyed).  I just don't understand how this can be possible when it only happens with the Stream app and not with Netflix, HBOGO, etc.  That tells me that it's an app issue and not a wifi issue.

Admin1

imasportsluvr -- Thanks for letting me know you've been working with Ken. I'll let him continue his assistance. Our support team will get this issue figured out so that the app will work properly. 

New Poster

Hi! Did you get a fix for this? I have a ticket open but for 2 weeks all my local channels on xfinity stream on my iPad have been freezing/stuttering. It’s killing me right now trying to watch the Bachelorette finale on the dang thing! Hoping it gets fixed soon!!
New Poster

Has this been fixed yet???  My xfinity app freezes constantly.  So not worth paying for cable.  It’s not my WiFi.  If it is my WiFi the new router is about 2 months old. And it’s Xfinity equipment.  So glad I’m paying all this money out for this service.  it’s horrible 

Silver Problem Solver

@Missee730 wrote:

Has this been fixed yet???  My xfinity app freezes constantly.  So not worth paying for cable.  It’s not my WiFi.  If it is my WiFi the new router is about 2 months old. And it’s Xfinity equipment.  So glad I’m paying all this money out for this service.  it’s horrible 

There is another forum for the app.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/bd-p/TVG-APP

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Has there been a fix stated for this? Exact same thing happens to me. About every minute or less the app stutters. I use the stream app on an iPad that runs off iOS 11.4. This has been happening for at least a month or two. It isn’t the WiFi signal as I can stream all other videos without a problem