Community Forum

Re: Xfinity TV App not properly downloading recordings from cloud on iPad operation iOS 10.2

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV App not properly downloading recordings from cloud on iPad operation iOS 10.2

• I had no issues for several months, but the past couple months this is happening with every show I saw to my iPad.  If I watch the show at home I have no issues but whenever I try to watch them from my DVR or DL them I have this issue.
  • I am in West Bloomfield Michigan 
Frequent Visitor

Any fix yet?

Official Employee

WatchTimes, we are aware of the Cloud recording playback issues in your area and we are working on a fix as quickly as possible. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I am having exactly the same problems in Minneapolis/St. Paul.  Downloaded or streaming programs from my DVR on my iPad are virtually unwatchable: constant random skips.

Official Employee

Hey RickLoC53. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're aware of the ongoing issue when streaming and are actively working to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

New Poster

I downloaded several TV shows (HGTV, NBA games), ipad on ios 9.3.5 (final release). 6GB of available memory.

App will not download Movie I just purchased.

Refreshed App off App store yesterday.

Expert

@pbharriso wrote:

I am having similar issue in San Francsico Bay Area.  When downloading, I get frequent "download interruppted" errors that then I can restart and it seems to continue.  This may happen 1-6 times per 1 hour show, and does seem to vary, being worse at peak hours.  Sometimes I see an error say something like server contact error.

Separately, when I try to play a show on by Galaxy S2 tablet, it will not play at all, or will play for 10-15 seconds, then freeze, then start playing again.  This happens when I am not connected to the internet.  If I am at home or in a hotel with wifi, it plays fine.  I can stream recordings from the Recorded entries just fine, but the whole point of downloading is to be able to play on a plane or other situation with no internet connection.

is your iPad running stream app 4.10.2 ? why are you not updating to iOS 11? (11.3.1 is latest)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).