Community Forum

Re: Xfinity Stream cloud DVR recording skipping

New Poster

I am also experiencing this same issue on my Xfinity Stream cloud DVR. It was hard to notice at first, but after realizing that I was missing large chunks of the shows I'd recorded, I noticed that the recording times are always shorter than the length of the full program. I'm not sure if it was happening on all recordings before, but it seems to happen in every new recording now. I am using the app on a Roku box.

Official Employee

Hi, exodave - I can check your account if you send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

New Poster

I am dealing with this same problem too...it's VERY FRUSTRATING...
streaming thru my pc, using Chrome...
backing up thru the skips, trying to get to see the missing chunks simply will not work...
after unhappily paying my bill for a 60 MB internet connection, ( being plenty fast enuff  
for this new Streaming TV)...i get quite a bit of buffering,or freezing too...
there should not be any issues to this degree...if i'd known there was such bugs going on, 
i would have gave more thot before adding it on to my billing...
after finding out just yesterday that it's not $10 OR $15 more, (plus the $7.50), 
but it's actually 10 + 15 + 7.50...tho it's still cheaper than what i was paying before...
There were no major bugs either.

New Poster

I am using the Xfinity streaming app on my tablet at work and using a high speed internet connection.  Some to the programs I have recoreded on my DVR are skipping and not playing in it's entirety when using the app, but at home when playing from the xfinity box they are ok, this is only happening when I stream or download the recorded programs. Also there are times when there is freezing while playing the recordings and long buffering times...Is there a fix for this??