Community Forum

Re: X1 DVR recordings often cut short in stream app.

Frequent Visitor

Spent the last 55 minutes with tier 3 support. Rebooted DVR, removed and reinstalled Xfinity stream app (ISO) Only have five minutes of a 60 minute NBC TV show. Please help!
Official Employee

D2Bolako, we have identified this issue affecting customers in select regions. What state do you live in? 

Frequent Visitor

Just outside of Chicago, IL. My partner is traveling in the San Francisco area and her device is also cut short.
New Poster

This has been happening on and off for maybe 2 years to me.  Different channels, programs, times. Nothing consistent. Will tape a few minutes into the cloud or not even show a program as recorded at all.  They are complete on my home DVR.  

ALSO, 3 days ago, the ability to see recordings or scheduled recordings is not working on any iPad in my house. What is up?  Uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, etc.  Nothing works and the 5 or more very Lengthy calls to tier 3 for help have been NO HELP!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Hello
This is Us cut short again. Not resolved and still no call back from tier 3. Is there a RCA?
Official Employee

Hi D2Bolako, we recently launched a new version on the Xfinity Stream app (version 4.8.1) please delete the app that you have installed currently and install the app again so that your app can be updated. Feel free to reach back out to me here if you notice the same issues with DVR playback after installing the latest version of the app. 

Frequent Visitor

This is happening to me too. My "This Is Us" recording is the one that is consistently cut short on the Stream App even though there is space in my Cloud and the entire recording is on my DVR box. I have the most recent version of the App on my phone. I'm also in the Chicago area. What's going on Comcast?
Official Employee

Hello @Mregan3,

Thanks for reaching out. We just released a new update of the Stream app. I'd like to see if your issues were related to known issues with the last version. Please follow the steps below and let me know if you are still experiencing issues with your recordings.

1. Uninstall the Xfinity Stream app
  2. Power down your phone for 1-2 minutes
  3. Reinstall the new version of the Xfinity Stream app

Please let me know if you are still having the same problem. If so, I'd like to take a deeper look into your account to see what more could be causing this. 

New Poster

Hi..this is happening to me too. I uninstalled and installed the app back. I live in Michigan. Please help!!!!!!

Official Employee

Hey Chibaby, 

Thanks for trying those steps and confirming for me. Since this didn't help, I'll need to look into a few things on the back end to see if your issues are something the advanced should be notified about. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

New Poster

When I click on private message me..it takes me to another screen that states private message but it does not have anywhere for me to type a private msg you.

New Poster

I was able to send the msg. You should have itnow

Official Employee

Yes, @Chibaby. I just got to it and am replying now. I'll chat with you there momentarily.  

Official Employee

Hi Chibaby, 

Thanks for verifying. I figured we could continue to discuss this here on the public thread to help others who are having the same issues. I checked the signal levels on your equipment to see if I could locate a cause for the issues with your recordings. At this time I don't see anything. Your signals are perfect.

1. Is this only happening on the recordings being played from the Stream app?
  2. Are you able to confirm if this happens on the actual DVR recordings?
  3. What are some of the recordings you have noticed this in thus far? 
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for replying. "This Is Us" won't have a new episode until 2/27 due to the Olympics. I will let you know what happens with that recording (or reach out if it happens sooner with any other recordings). Thank you!
Official Employee

Ok Mregan3, 

Please do! I'll be happy to help. 

New Poster

It was a movie recorded from hallmark channel and a movie from bet her channel. Right now it seems to be recordings. 

New Poster

It was a movie recorded from hallmark channel and a movie from bet her channel. Right now it seems to be recordings. Yes it is recordings on the app. Watching it on the TV is fine

Official Employee

Hey @Chibaby

I have an update regarding the issue with your recordings. Please take a look at your private messages when you have a moment. 

New Poster

I’m having the same issues. When I watch on my x1 Dvr the show is 1:00, one hour. When I download to the app, I hit play and the length is shorted to 47-54 mins. During play back the show just skips along. I don’t think it’s a pattern, just randomly skips. Ex. The hour long show, The Profit, on CNBC. 

Frequent Visitor

DId anyone actually get this resolved?
New Poster

DId anyone actually get this resolved?

No. Still not werkin. I contacted customer service to help resolve, I visited an xfinity store, and reached out on this forum. Not resolved, So I canceled and I returned my X1 equipment Saturday. I travel each week. This was the main reason I subscribed to X1 service. Time to find something that will work. Does anyone have any other suggestions on another companies offerings?

Frequent Visitor

Not yet!
Expert

@D2Bolako wrote:
Not yet!

scroll back to 2/16 post by @ComcastChe and follow the directions there.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

Last week's recording of "This Is Us" played on the app with no problems. This week's was back to cutting short even though the entire recoding is available on my DVR set. I deleted the app and then re-downloaded it. That didn't fix the problem. Help please!
Expert

@Mregan3 wrote:
Last week's recording of "This Is Us" played on the app with no problems. This week's was back to cutting short even though the entire recoding is available on my DVR set. I deleted the app and then re-downloaded it. That didn't fix the problem. Help please!

scroll back to 2/16 post by @ComcastChe and follow the directions there.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

As I stated in my reply that you replied to, I tried following those steps, and it did not solve the problem. Any other suggestions?
Frequent Visitor

Still cutting shows short. You can Chicago Med to the list.
Frequent Visitor

Happen again this past week so T3 still does not have this figured out. Rumor on the street is that the Chicago, Detroit, and Twin City markets are impacted.
Admin1

Hi D2Bolako -- Do you have an existing support ticket open with Tier 3 support? If so, can you send that to me in a PM please? I'll work with them to see if they have any updates. 

New Poster

Is there any update to this? I am having this exact same issue. Thanks.

Expert

@ChooserName wrote:

Is there any update to this? I am having this exact same issue. Thanks.

the answer provided by comcast says..

there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

New Poster

The problem is apparently widespread as I experience the identical problem in the Orlando area.

New Poster

Many of us have tried the steps suggested by @ComcastChe.  They do not work.

New Poster

Also having same issue in Atlanta area. Before would seem to cut off end, (ex only record first 30 mins of hour show), but now it's sporadic and cuts off time in the middle. Ex. records 50 minutes of hour show, scene will jump ahead in middle of a conversation like a tape skip of some kind. DVR recording as viewed on TV, this only occurs on the Stream app which is frustrating as I rarely am home to watch TV

Frequent Visitor

Same thing is happening for me in Chicago area. And has been for close to a month now. 

DVR recorders have no issues when watching on TV with the X1 box. Try watching recorded shows in a browser that are an hour skips a few minutes a random times throughout the one hour recording.