Community Forum

Re: Streaming TV error message: (Error TVAPP-00206)

Frequent Visitor

Can watch some stations on live tv but on others I get the error code TVAPP-00206. At first it says trying to resume video then I get the error code.

Frequent Visitor

Well, somebody is working on something within xfinity.  Now when I try to select an 'IN HOME' channel, it will redirect to the equivalent  'TV GO' channel if it is available.  If one isn't available, like ABC or CW, it states I need to connect to my home network to watch it.  PROBLEM IS, I am already on my home network.

Official Employee

Hello All, 

I just wanted to let you all know that this has been confirmed as a known issue that our engineers are currently working to have resolved. Unfortunately, there is no ETA. I will follow up over the next day or two if more information is provided. In the meantime, please keep trying on your end because we are hoping to have this fixed soon. We appreciate your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I am again tonight getting a message saying that I have to connect to WiFi to stream ABC???  That happened last night and then went away.  

New Poster

seems to be working on my roku stick now the error i was getting on that was  createdrmsession.403-102.

New Poster

I have been having the same issue for months as well.  It was working beautifully, then around march, like everyone else it stopped working.  I am not on my home network, on a laptop, trying several different browsers, still always the 206 error.  Ive put two tickets in, both escalted to tier 2, then nodda.  Not tvgo channels work on any browser, this is frustrating.

New Poster

Oh btw, this doesnt seems to be a local issue or a minor issue, there are hundreds and thousands of people that are having the issue.   Remember, i am sure most people are just using the app on a mobile device, it is a subset of the customers who try it within a browser, so it is a huge issue if the majority of that subset are having the issue.

Official Employee

Hi everyone. Yes, this is a national issue that is currently in the works for repair. We're happy to hear reports from some that the service is now working again as expected. For those of you still experiencing issues, we appreciate your continued patience and please continue to hang tight. We will provide an update with any additional information or suggested next steps whenever it becomes available. Thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks!  It has been working for me now for the last 3 hours.  I even have the 'Free To Me' filter available now.

Official Employee

Thanks for letting us know @mlcorley63. Please let us know if you need anything else in the future. 

Frequent Visitor

This is still happening.  I was able to watch ABC from 8:00 - 10:00 PM and then I got the error again whch I also got on the Hallmark channel.

Official Employee

Ok @SOOL

Thanks for letting us know you are still seeing this issue. We are still working on it on our end. 

Frequent Visitor

Do you have anyone that you know of who uses Internet explorer that has this issue?  I use Goodle Chrome since I got a new laptop a year and half ago because I could not get Comcast email to work in IE.  I was able to stream though in IE but no longer can.  Just wondering if this might be anything that would be a clue for you.  I am happy with Google Chrome and Windows 10.  

Frequent Visitor

Thank you Comcast for working this issue so diligently.  It must be quite a task to be able to make your product work on multiple platforms.  

Official Employee

Hey @SOOL

I don't. Myself and majority of the people who I know mainly use Chrome if we are not streaming directly from the Stream App. I'd recommend Chrome before even Firefox, but that is just my personal opinion. Thank you, for your patience while we try to get this resolved. I will be off over the next 2 days but will follow up on Monday. 

Official Employee

Hello All, 

Is anyone still seeing this error code? 

New Poster

My issue has been resolved thank goodness.

Official Employee

Awesome, mgjcpa6127. We are glad to hear that and thank you for letting us know!

New Poster

Hello.  I've read this whole thread.  It appears it was resolved for many people, but not for me. I also read the post made a few months ago that stated the streaming service isn't available overseas, so that's why anyone who tries overseas wil get the message.

Is that still the case? Or is TV On the Go available to view overseas?  Or only in the continental US?

Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi. TBiller. Welcome. Yes, that is still the case. Xfinity Stream app usage and streaming is only available in the U.S. However, DVR content downloaded for offline viewing can be viewed anywhere (so long as the download process takes place prior to leaving the U.S.).

New Poster

Ok no problem. I knew it would be a long shot anyway. Thanks.
Official Employee

Sure, you're very welcome. Smiley Happy

Expert

while in usa (probably all 50 states)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Stilling getting this error, especially on ABC and Hallmark channels.

Official Employee

@SOOL

I can investigate. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.

New Poster

Adding to the cacaphony of voices affirming that this issue has NOT been resolved. Fails consistently on my Win10 Pro machine(s), running Edge, Explorere, Firefox, and Chrome, using an Xfinity consumer (not business) account. Has anybody from "Support" considered spending $250 at Best Buy for a Least Common Denominator laptop and trying it from Starbucks with a non-employee ID (and FWIW, I did this very thing a few years ago, when testing edge security for an unamed, high-tech networking provider!). You folk can do better than this!

And FWIW, I'm available as a work-from-home information security technologist (Hi!, Bruce!), should you need a gadfly.

Frequent Visitor

I am also getting this error and still have weak signal issues.