Community Forum

Re: Streaming TV error message: (Error TVAPP-00206)

Expert

@jesyha14 wrote:

I also received this code TVAPP-00206. I'm out of USA and need to acces TV GO CHANNELS , I m not allowed since a received that code.

the streaming is not available outside of USA.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Its any other way to access to my account to watch tv? 

Expert

@jesyha14 wrote:

Its any other way to access to my account to watch tv? 

if you are having these error codes on the stream site in the subject have you tried running Chrome making sure flash is enabled always? also, smart devices (apple, android) can use the xfinity stream TV app to watch.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Still getting this error, unable to watch the world cup on fox HD but can get it on telimundo hd...
Frequent Visitor

I am getting this error message on two different Rokus and on my computer when trying to watch PBS Create channel 268 in Harrisonburg, VA. I called tech support yesterday and she did an account refresh and still not working. I did a chat today with another agent who did a refresh of account and it didn't help. Now I am waiting for a call from the "higher team" to help. This all started with an update to the streaming App I use on the Rokus on June 21. Before that the channel worked just fine on both Rokus and computer.
New Poster

I have had this problem for 2 days now. I cleared all cashe and cookies from all browsers, but still have the problem. Can you help?

Frequent Visitor

***UPDATE ***

Was told by support technician that the Create Channel is no longer available to steam on Roku or Computer.  I am very sorry because I really liked watching that channel.

New Poster

A Technician ultimately came out to my house from COMCAST, and held his little meters up and told me "We have no indication you've lost signal for your internet or TV". Apparently the "No Internet" and the "TVAPP-00206" I'm seeing is in my IMAGINATION!!!!!!
Frequent Visitor

Still getting the TVAPP-00206 error message after almost 4 months in NJ. It is sporadic. Now, maybe because Xfinity is working on the problem for 110+ days, getting random freezes that don't ALWAYS go to the error message or the we're having trouble connecting screen. Yesterday last half hour of an hour show totally out of dialogue sync, like an old japanese horror flic. Error message TVAPP-00206 3 times during the day. You are not imagining. I have had at least 6 instances a week for 20 weeks. It's approching theft of services on the part of Comcast. BTW, I do watch majority of my 'TV' on my laptop.

Contributor

I also get error (Error TVAPP-00206) when streaming live tv on my laptop and it happens on every channel I try to watch.  I am using Windows 10 and Google Chrome.  

Expert

@SOOL wrote:

I also get error (Error TVAPP-00206) when streaming live tv on my laptop and it happens on every channel I try to watch.  I am using Windows 10 and Google Chrome.  

did you already clear your cache and cookies for the site? 

New Poster

I am having this issue on most channels.  ESPNs work fine, NBCHD works fine, everything else I get the error.  Ive been having this issue on and off since like march.

Administrator

All,

Please ensure that if using the Xfinity Stream app you have the latest version of the app (v. 5.0.0) and latest software version for your device. 

In all cases of Streaming via Xfinity, please log out, clear your cache and cookies, and reload the website/app. 

Please let us know if you continue to experience an issue. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I just deleted the app from my devise and reinstalled again.  version 1.0.6.  How do I access the version you indicate in your response above

Silver Problem Solver

@woodyforest wrote:

I just deleted the app from my devise and reinstalled again.  version 1.0.6.  How do I access the version you indicate in your response above

Which device do you have?  I have an iPhone7 and an iPad with version 5.1.0.1208.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

"Are you receiving this error when you are attempting to watch anything on the site or just certain programming? If only certain programming, can you please provide me what specifically you were attempting to view and how you where viewing this content (via Cloud DVR, OnDemand, live TV) when you received this error? Finally, can you tell me if this is happening when attempting to view content on your home network or while away from your home?"

For me, it's:

certain programming, particularly major networks like NBC, ABC,etc

Live TV on Windows 10 laptop (all updated and Adobe updated)

in home network

this just started again the last few days

New Poster

Im having same issues all week.  SOme channels work (TNT, ABC), but almost all other will not work.  Ive cleared cache, cookies, history, restarted chrome (and firefox), restarted computer, logged out of account, logged back in - STILL NO CHANNELS!  This is SUPER frustrating.  All worked fine last week, now nothing.  Tried on multiple browsers on desktop runnig Windows 7 (all up to date).

PLEASE HELP!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Yes, this issue has clearly not been resolved.

Also, since I'm here and complaining, anyway, lol........why did they ever change the computer streaming interface to start with?? I used to be able to watch my show on full screen while browsing for my next show along the right side of the screen. Now we have to minimize, look, pop back up, etc just "channel surf"....total pain the rear.

TH

Frequent Visitor

Yeah, I have just tried using IE, Edge and Chrome.  Cleared the cache and cookies on all of them.  No luck.  It was working fine over the last weekend.  Currently it works on my android phone, but not on my home PC.  WHY???!!!!

Frequent Visitor

I have same issue...called Comcast and no one there knows whst the heck their doing (I was transferred to 7 DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS in 2 DAYS!!!!)...first ESPN received error, now this morning NBC...all OWNED by COMCAST!!

(Edited for ranting), but why use comcast if you can't get any answers from an appearently ongoing problem?

Official Employee

Hello @surgeonpc, thanks for reaching out and I can assist you with this error message! Did you happen to attempt turning off the "Playback Preferences", as stated in the thread? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue as well on my laptop.  I reported it thru chat and I now have a ticket.  I have found something interesting:  All the "TV GO" channels work for me.  or example, my ESPN2HD channel 1206 has the error, but ESPN2 TVGO works.  Same for FOXHD and FOX TVGO.

Frequent Visitor

I just reported the issue thru chat and I now have a ticket.  I have found something interesting:  All the "TV GO" channels work for me.  For example, my ESPN2HD channel 1206 has the error, but ESPN2 TVGO works.  Same for FOXHD and FOX TVGO.

Official Employee

Hello mlcorley63, thanks for reaching out and I can check the status on that ticket for you! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

I keep getting this annoying TVAPP-00206. I have tried the fixes recommended (Cleared cache and Cookies). Here is my information.

Watching from home on my Win 10 laptop (North Atlanta, GA)

Sat. Nov. 11th, 2018 @4PM Eastern Time Zone

Georgia Bulldogs Vs. UK Wildcats

Using Chrom web browser (Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit))

Does not work Error TVAPP-00206

College Football

Bulldogs @ Wildcats

809 WGCLD

Works fine. No error

Very frustrating. Please help correct this error.
Regards,
Merritte Stidston
New Poster

This is a screenshot of my diagnostic message.

1 Error-TVAPP-00206.pngDiagnostic message part 12 Error-TVAPP-00206.pngDiagnostic message part 2

Frequent Visitor

Didn't change a thing.

New Poster

Im having the same problem.
Everything was working fine a week ago. Now Im getting the same issues as everyone else.
New Poster

Same here
Silver Problem Solver

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Re-Streaming-TV-error-message-Error-TVAPP-00206...

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

To RobertWy

In my original post, I followed these instructions, several times and even rebooted, logged out, re-cleared my cache and deleted my history. The instructions are worthless and are NOT a solution. A couple of weeks ago everything worked perfectly. Not now though. Please remove the supposed "Problem solved". It is clearly not. Some HD channels work, others don't. Comcast/Xfinity needs to apply some serious technical resources to solve this issue. It has been going on for too long. 

Official Employee

Hello, all - 

There is a known issue where the Xfinity Stream website is giving the error "TVAPP-00206" on certain channels, however, this is not an issue on the Stream app. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible, I apologize for the inconvenience. 

New Poster

We are having the same issue and followed all instructions. I agree with the others, XFINITY remove the solved message...This is NOT solved.

Frequent Visitor

Same issue. Worked fine a week ago and I have been receiving the same error message since I attempted to stream Thursday Friday Saturday and today...all are live sports.

Works fine from phone but not laptop. Tried explorer, chrome and firefox. Cleared cache, etc.
Frequent Visitor

Ok...pls continue to update customers...Thx you.
Official Employee

surgeonpc - 

Definitely will do. Please reach out again if you have more questions. 

New Poster

I get that error message on one channel and that's Fox.  Every other works fine as far as I can tell.  Very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Sure ur heart is in the right place, but this app206 error bs has been going for 8 months, early March 2018. A link to a mid late Mrch is not helpful. Neither is all the bogus 'solved' tags while the

New Poster

When I use tv.xfinity.com to try to watch certain channels (mainly sports such as ESPN, ESPN2, ROOT, NBCSN), I get errors when I try to watch. First, it says it is having trouble streaming, then it says "This video cannot be played" and the error code is TVAPP-00206. On other channels, I have no problem streaming online. This is true for Safari on a Mac, and IE on a PC, and for two different user accounts (the only ones we have). works on my phones by not the laptop or desktop

New Poster

I am now getting error 00206 all the time.  What is wrong and how can it be fixed.  In both browsers MS Edge and Google.  At first, it happened once in a while now it is everything.  Frustrated.

bselig1@yahoo.com

Tags (1)
New Poster

Xfinity has a sneaky way of quietly discontinuing service like the record feature from our computers.  I called Tech Support about this error code and was told they have no information on this error code.  Cleared cache, as suggested by this forum, and still does not work,  I suspect that they have discontinued this service but are "stealing" from us by not reducing our bills.  With so many choices for cable TV, I don't understand why Xfinity doesn't care about its customers.  Shame on you guys! But I will not renew my service.

New Poster

Im feeling ike Comcast employees are not even checking this thread since nobody from Comcast has responded in such a long time.  Also, sinc eit is showing as "Reolved" even though it clearly IS NOT RESOLVED.  I think I will create a new thread and link to it here, so that everyone else with the same issue can post it there.

New Poster

(Error TVAPP-00206) - Almost All Live Stream Channels Not Working across MULTIPLE PCs

(Error TVAPP-00206)

Ive posted replies in another forum of an issue that appears to be happening to a lot of people.  Im unable to stream almost all channels (a few work - TNT, ABC).  Also noted that all of the "TVGO" channels seem to work, but the problem is that TVGO doesnt list ALL channels.

Ive tried on multiple browsers, tried clearing cookies, cache, history, even tried on multiple household PCs and it works on NONE of them, yet all of the same channels work fine on portable devices (Samsung tab & phones).  So, this is obviously tied to a windows desktop issue.  Everything worked perfectly fine a week or so ago, and ever since then it NEVER WORKS.  PLEASE HELP COMCAST!  Im paying for service that I am NOT receiving!

Screenshot of error below:

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number
OS
Windows 7
Browser
Firefox 63.0
Flash version
Status
in home
Entitlements
cvod, tve-vod, clinear, est, transactions, tve-linear
Last fingerprint
cloudtv_web_polymer_5.2.0_prod_1541382140002_50139
Stream provider
primetime
Video ID
tvgrid/listing/2001958711050120109/detail/?channelId=7114456485513432104
Stream ID
tag:xfinitytv.comcast.net,2013:channel-station:8859703174090591117:chNum:1011:callSign:WXIAD#stream:format:HLS
Error code
TVAPP-00206
Error description
Loading of the specified resource has failed
Error aux info
http://ccr.linear-vin-ga-pil-red.xcr.comcast.net/WXIAD_HD_VINdGA_11270_0_6108877978320289163.m3u8?fo...
Video Provider
1011 WXIAD
Video Source
TVListingDetail
Video Title
Green Bay Packers at New England Patriots

New Poster

Ive created a New Thread listed below.  Please feel free to post your similar issues in this thread.  Hopefully Comcast will respond to this one since it isnt marked as "Resolved" as this one is.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Error-TVAPP-00206-Almost-All-Live-Stream-Channe...

Frequent Visitor

Re: (Error TVAPP-00206) - Almost All Live Stream Channels Not Working across MULTIPLE PCs

I'm having the same problem. Can't seem to watch any live programming via Xfinity Stream.

New Poster

Re: (Error TVAPP-00206) - Almost All Live Stream Channels Not Working across MULTIPLE PCs

Customer service rep told me on the phone that they do not have an error code like the one we are receiving (Error TVAPP-00206) so she thought it was an internal error code produced from my desktop computer.  This is the second service they have offerred and now are currently denying or claiming ignorance of with no warning or explanation.   Tempts me to go back to rooftop antenna.

Silver Problem Solver

@mgjcpa6127 wrote:

Customer service rep told me on the phone that they do not have an error code like the one we are receiving (Error TVAPP-00206) so she thought it was an internal error code produced from my desktop computer.  This is the second service they have offerred and now are currently denying or claiming ignorance of with no warning or explanation.   Tempts me to go back to rooftop antenna.

Did you use the search bar at the top of this forum?  I found lots and lots of them.

New Poster

I am having the same problem on all Macs in my house.  It works just fine on my iphone. 

New Poster

I noticed that a day after I received emails from CBS Live to use their app my Xfinity stopped streaming CBS/Peachtree TV through a browser. Put all your information in their streaming app and it works. Kinda simple, from PBS, FOX, CBS and on that once they have an app thet block browser access. Install an app and you can stream. Not sure what data they collect through app that they dont get through browser but a packet sniffer shows Xfinity streaming app transmitting data when it is closed.

New Poster

Just to check myself. Install Xfinity streaming app and CBS/Peachtree TV, Fox, and CW work on same machine in app that does not work in browser on same machine.