Community Forum

Re: Streaming TV error message: (Error TVAPP-00206)

Frequent Visitor

I just reported the issue thru chat and I now have a ticket.  I have found something interesting:  All the "TV GO" channels work for me.  For example, my ESPN2HD channel 1206 has the error, but ESPN2 TVGO works.  Same for FOXHD and FOX TVGO.

New Poster

I keep getting this annoying TVAPP-00206. I have tried the fixes recommended (Cleared cache and Cookies). Here is my information.

Watching from home on my Win 10 laptop (North Atlanta, GA)

Sat. Nov. 11th, 2018 @4PM Eastern Time Zone

Georgia Bulldogs Vs. UK Wildcats

Using Chrom web browser (Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit))

Does not work Error TVAPP-00206

College Football

Bulldogs @ Wildcats

809 WGCLD

Works fine. No error

Very frustrating. Please help correct this error.
Regards,
Merritte Stidston
New Poster

This is a screenshot of my diagnostic message.

1 Error-TVAPP-00206.pngDiagnostic message part 12 Error-TVAPP-00206.pngDiagnostic message part 2

New Poster

Im having the same problem.
Everything was working fine a week ago. Now Im getting the same issues as everyone else.
New Poster

Same here
Silver Problem Solver

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Re-Streaming-TV-error-message-Error-TVAPP-00206...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

To RobertWy

In my original post, I followed these instructions, several times and even rebooted, logged out, re-cleared my cache and deleted my history. The instructions are worthless and are NOT a solution. A couple of weeks ago everything worked perfectly. Not now though. Please remove the supposed "Problem solved". It is clearly not. Some HD channels work, others don't. Comcast/Xfinity needs to apply some serious technical resources to solve this issue. It has been going on for too long. 

New Poster

We are having the same issue and followed all instructions. I agree with the others, XFINITY remove the solved message...This is NOT solved.

Frequent Visitor

Same issue. Worked fine a week ago and I have been receiving the same error message since I attempted to stream Thursday Friday Saturday and today...all are live sports.

Works fine from phone but not laptop. Tried explorer, chrome and firefox. Cleared cache, etc.
New Poster

I get that error message on one channel and that's Fox.  Every other works fine as far as I can tell.  Very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Sure ur heart is in the right place, but this app206 error bs has been going for 8 months, early March 2018. A link to a mid late Mrch is not helpful. Neither is all the bogus 'solved' tags while the

New Poster

When I use tv.xfinity.com to try to watch certain channels (mainly sports such as ESPN, ESPN2, ROOT, NBCSN), I get errors when I try to watch. First, it says it is having trouble streaming, then it says "This video cannot be played" and the error code is TVAPP-00206. On other channels, I have no problem streaming online. This is true for Safari on a Mac, and IE on a PC, and for two different user accounts (the only ones we have). works on my phones by not the laptop or desktop

New Poster

I am now getting error 00206 all the time.  What is wrong and how can it be fixed.  In both browsers MS Edge and Google.  At first, it happened once in a while now it is everything.  Frustrated.

bselig1@yahoo.com

Tags (1)
New Poster

Xfinity has a sneaky way of quietly discontinuing service like the record feature from our computers.  I called Tech Support about this error code and was told they have no information on this error code.  Cleared cache, as suggested by this forum, and still does not work,  I suspect that they have discontinued this service but are "stealing" from us by not reducing our bills.  With so many choices for cable TV, I don't understand why Xfinity doesn't care about its customers.  Shame on you guys! But I will not renew my service.

New Poster

Im feeling ike Comcast employees are not even checking this thread since nobody from Comcast has responded in such a long time.  Also, sinc eit is showing as "Reolved" even though it clearly IS NOT RESOLVED.  I think I will create a new thread and link to it here, so that everyone else with the same issue can post it there.

New Poster

Ive created a New Thread listed below.  Please feel free to post your similar issues in this thread.  Hopefully Comcast will respond to this one since it isnt marked as "Resolved" as this one is.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Error-TVAPP-00206-Almost-All-Live-Stream-Channe...

New Poster

I noticed that a day after I received emails from CBS Live to use their app my Xfinity stopped streaming CBS/Peachtree TV through a browser. Put all your information in their streaming app and it works. Kinda simple, from PBS, FOX, CBS and on that once they have an app thet block browser access. Install an app and you can stream. Not sure what data they collect through app that they dont get through browser but a packet sniffer shows Xfinity streaming app transmitting data when it is closed.

New Poster

Just to check myself. Install Xfinity streaming app and CBS/Peachtree TV, Fox, and CW work on same machine in app that does not work in browser on same machine.

Expert

@beanshower wrote:

Just to check myself. Install Xfinity streaming app and CBS/Peachtree TV, Fox, and CW work on same machine in app that does not work in browser on same machine.

this is an unusual problem in that if you use a smart device or Roku you can watch. It appears (guessing here) that some areas of the country are having a regional issue with web-based delivery of some channels. nothing yet from Comcast other than this issue happpend 6 months or so ago and was cleared up. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

(Error TVAPP-00206) from every browser we try, updated both the browsers and flash but still the same. Was working 2 nights ago then just stopped. The issue is clearly not fixed.

Frequent Visitor

Could stream on FX or FXHD at all tonight.  It would start and then stop within seconds.

Expert

@SOOL wrote:

Could stream on FX or FXHD at all tonight.  It would start and then stop within seconds.

Comcast has not yet solved the problem. a workaround is to use any device that can run the Xfinity Stream TV app (will work). Hopefully it will be fixed shortly. note that this is not a wide spread problem at this time.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Well, using the streaming app would work if there was an app for WINDOWS 10 or XBOX One, BUT THERE ISN'T ONE, SO I CAN'T USE IT!

New Poster

I am experiencing the error message only on my laptop. It occurs on the majority of my HD channels. All other devices are problem free...
Expert

@Pottgutt wrote:
I am experiencing the error message only on my laptop. It occurs on the majority of my HD channels. All other devices are problem free...

see the post 2 above your post (by me).

Silver Problem Solver

@mlcorley63 wrote:

Well, using the streaming app would work if there was an app for WINDOWS 10 or XBOX One, BUT THERE ISN'T ONE, SO I CAN'T USE IT!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xfinity-stream/id731629156?mt=8

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-started-xfinity-tv-mobile-app

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I am having this problem on my MAC. The message for the past few weeks has read “This Video Cannot Be Played we’ve run into a problem while streaming Carolina Panthers at Pittsburgh Steelers. Error TVAPP-00206. It’s so very frustrating because FOX 4 is my favorite channel. I like to stream FOX 4 news in the mornings before work and not being able too has been excruciating. I have read similar post so I have cleared cache, history etc. I have reinstalled adobe. Nothing works.
Expert

@AadenTheMansMom wrote:
I am having this problem on my MAC. The message for the past few weeks has read “This Video Cannot Be Played we’ve run into a problem while streaming Carolina Panthers at Pittsburgh Steelers. Error TVAPP-00206. It’s so very frustrating because FOX 4 is my favorite channel. I like to stream FOX 4 news in the mornings before work and not being able too has been excruciating. I have read similar post so I have cleared cache, history etc. I have reinstalled adobe. Nothing works.

if you search the forum for TVAPP-00206 you will find many posts. Some areas are experiencing problems using the streaming website but the use of a smart device (phone/tablet) and the Xfinity Stream TV app will work properly. No ETA of a fix for this intermittent problem.

New Poster

Whatever it is I better get my account credited, this is ridiculous

Expert

@tonyahopson5466 wrote:

Whatever it is I better get my account credited, this is ridiculous

it is a very limited geographically issue. There is no charge for using a PC to stream from home. You can continue to successfully stream from any qualifying smart device by Apple or Android.

New Poster

I get the same error message for every channel.  We are not getting what we paid for!

New Poster

Same here, cleaned the cache, closed the browser, turned off laptop, turned on, got out of my house, gave 30 jumping jacks, came back, turned on laptop, open browser...and same. Great job Xfinity!!! Look how happy your customers are, and you got your bills paid always on time.

Expert

the error 206 code is apparently not caused by cookies etc and is affecting some users in a limited area. the Streaming on smart devices is not affected only via web browser. 

New Poster

Your engineers are WRONG.  Now having this issue on November 10, 2018 -- 8 months are supposely fixed.

New Poster

It must be something that needs looked into further because I'm still revieving this same error in Nov 2018. Please find a permanent solition as this is a service we're paying for. Thanks  

New Poster

the error code come out, when i click live TV ..

Frequent Visitor

Long Story Short, Same problem as everyone else.

Comcast tech, please troubleshoot....

Regular Visitor

OK

New Poster

Have had this problem many times.  Many times, Mumbai says they guarantee it will be fixed.  Many times, it isn't.  Have two separate computers, trying Chrome, Firefox & Edge.  Home Network.  Xfinity Network.  Seems to happen especially during weekends for sports.  Here is the clincher - I have the Xfinity app on my Samsung phone and it works perfectly.  Mumbai is very happy that is working and I can watch my shows.  I told them I'm paying for both the TV and Internet.  

Xfinity - Please admit you have a problem.  And FIX IT!!!!!!

New Poster

The issue is back, its been going on for 2 weeks now. Help!!!

Regular Visitor

It was on certain sport stations.Useing my laptop.

New Poster

I am getting the Tv error TVAPP-00206  all of the sudden now I can watch shows that are the night after but not live TV. I heard it had to do with google not supporting the flash anymore. Then someone told me to use a diffrent browser. I went through all the trouble to download all the other browsers and still did not work, so I am at a stand still and I am getting upset because this is making miss my NCIS Los Angeles. So can anyone help me with this.

Frequent Visitor

Log a ticket with Comcast.  Maybe if we all log tickets they will figure this out.

Frequent Visitor

I am at my wits end with Comcast.  I get the error (Error TVAPP-00206) on all channels.  But now I can not stream at all!  I get a message saying due to licensing I have to use WiFi and WiFi will not connect.  When I try to log into help it will not take my password.  Comcast you are charging me for a service I am not getting at all?????

Expert

the 206 is more a local issue and the problem does not affect viewing on an apple/android smart device with the Xfinity Stream TV app. 

New Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

the 206 is more a local issue and the problem does not affect viewing on an apple/android smart device with the Xfinity Stream TV app. 

When I was streaming off my Samsung phone, I was connected via my router attached to my Xfinity account.

Frequent Visitor

I now able to stream on my laptop using Windows 10 on ABC without being asked to use WiFi.  Something wierd was going on with Comcast.  Last week I could not stream on FX or FXHD.  

Frequent Visitor

That did not last long.   Streaming stopped and I am getting the TVAPP-00206.    I am using Google as email stopped working about 16 months ago in Internet Explorer but for a while I could still stream with IE but that has stopped working too.  

Official Employee

Hello All, 

Thank you for using the forum to bring this to our attention. I've reached out to see if there is an open investigation for the error you are receiving. I will follow up with an update once one is received. If I need to create any tickets to have this resolved, I can assist you by doing so. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have tried the work around and I still cannot stream a show , the show is permenantly frozen and just sits ther.