Community Forum

Re: Recordings are cut off on xfinity stream app and website

New Poster

Happening to me also in the Eugene, OR area....TV recording is complete but the browser version only 18 min. long instead of a hour...any help out there?

Expert

@DuckStud wrote:

Happening to me also in the Eugene, OR area....TV recording is complete but the browser version only 18 min. long instead of a hour...any help out there?

there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

DuckStud, I got your private message and I'll follow up with you there. 

KenF

New Poster

Same thing is happening to me as well. Some recording will not show the full recording on the stream website or app, but would show correctly on the DVR box. Also, some shows that are recorded, sometimes skips 3-5 minutes, and it happens on both the app and website. Is there any word on this issue being handled? 

New Poster

Same issue is happening for me. Is there any solutions

Expert

@zuesneith91 wrote:

Same thing is happening to me as well. Some recording will not show the full recording on the stream website or app, but would show correctly on the DVR box. Also, some shows that are recorded, sometimes skips 3-5 minutes, and it happens on both the app and website. Is there any word on this issue being handled? 

there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

Not really sure if its really random seeing on it is happening on multiple accounts from multiple people, and on the same channels and time each week. I have shows recording differents times of the days. So, what you're saying is that every hour is a peak time? When is this issue going to be addressed and solved? 

New Poster

I am also having this issue. Can you please assist?
Frequent Visitor

You need to call Comcast and complain. Open a ticket.  They will never act unless you do this.  Even if they insist it's a known issue - and it is - you must absolutely insist back that a ticket be opened.

Expert

@BravoTv86 wrote:
I am also having this issue. Can you please assist?

the engineers are working in areas to clear the problems. some 4-5 customers now have posted that their issues are fixed and a couple of customers said it is now sporadic (not all the time). you won't know when looking at older recordings if it is fixed as they remain corrupted. the new recordings can be checked to see if problem is fixed. starndard answer follows...there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.