Community Forum

ROKU, HBO GO

Expert
Moved:

Re: ROKU, HBO GO Chromecast

This post was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (inappropriate or disruptive). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Expert
Moved:

Re: ROKU, HBO GO Chromecast

This post was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (inappropriate or disruptive). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Regular Contributor

Re: HBO NO Go?

@ladyhobbit wrote:

HELLO....NETFLIX?????

ladyhobbit, flooding this topic with moronic messages and our in-boxes with notifications of those moronic messages will get you no results and probably banned from the forums, if anyone is really moderating them. Knock it off.

And for your information, if you have a Roku, the Roku is plugged into your TV,  the Roku is plugged in or wirelessly connected to Comcast Internet and you have a subscription to Netflix, you can watch Netflix on your TV.

Expert
Moved:

Re: Roku Users Ask For Xfinity Channel

Expert
Moved:

Re: ROKU, HBO GO

Expert
Moved:

Re: HBO2GO

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

@ladyhobbit wrote:

I totally DON'T know what to do......baffled. f ah.

You have a couple avenues open for you to express your discontent: 1) go to https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/?Trouble.Internet.Other@ and chat with a Comcast CSR stating clearly and camly that you want access to the HBO content you pay for on your Roku device.  Tell them that you are considering canceling your service unless Comcast grants access to the content you pay for.  Let them know that other TV providers grant said access. 2) Send a tweet to @ComcastCares and @Matt_CIM and succinctly let them know your complaints.  Ultimately, this forum is not the best place to air grievances because the Comcast powers that be are unaware of its activity.  The only powers we have are to file complaints and cancel subscription.  If you want to do something: file a complaint or cancel.

Frequent Visitor

Interesting that the article you linked has already been removed from the site!
Contributor

well it looks like comcast is at least reading their customers comments about the lack of roku access...it is a start at least.

Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

@i-am-nerdburg wrote:

I see that you removed my comment which was not inappropriate nor disruptive.  Would you care to give an explanation?

Contributor

What was your comment, maybe try it again..

Expert

@cohenfive wrote:

well it looks like comcast is at least reading their customers comments about the lack of roku access...it is a start at least.

Comcast does monitor these forums, but they rarely comment on this type of thing. I'd encourage you guys to keep requesting HBOGO for the Roku. Enough customers asked HBOGO  for the XBOX that Comcast eventually made it available. So there is hope.

Ways to contact Comcast

Of course this topic is 2 years old...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@greytheo wrote:

I see that you removed my comment which was not inappropriate nor disruptive.  Would you care to give an explanation?

Your post was automatically removed since it was a reply to a removed post. You didn't post anything inappropriate or disruptive. I fixed it. Sorry! 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Gotta love the latest commercial

The latest Comcast commercial promoting HBO touts all the options you have to watch HBO. It implies you can watch HBO Go anyway you want. Too bad you can't watch it on a full size screen unless you want to spent $40-60 extra annually to watch on the Xbox 360 or $100 for the Apple TV. Comcast is taking fully advantage of it's monopoly in my city.

New Poster

Re: Gotta love the latest commercial

Isn't that completely ironic? What a lie, the ways to access HBOGO is very limited.I can't believe that this forum started years ago, and it's still has NOT been resolved. Way to drop the ball Comcast! We pay an outrageous sum for monthly digital cable. When I threatened to switch, they appeased me with six months of free HBO. This was fine when True Blood was on air. Now I'm STILL unhappy with how much we pay, and I'm more angry that Comcast is controlling the amount of available HBO that can be viewed on my television. I don't even understand why they can not have a sophisticated on demand, with all the content. But since they are not capable of that, they should at the very least allow customers to access HBOGO on Roku.

Very very close to switching....
New Poster

I would expect to have the option to use Roku on a large screen in any of three bedrooms or office to watch HBO GO. A premium service which I already pay for via cable subscription (almost $200/month!!!) and use on my smart phone and iPad at home. It is bad enough that one can't stream such via 4G LTE. 

Comcast:  Please add HBO GO to Roku, which all your competitors did a long time ago.

Thank you

Regular Contributor

@VeroFL wrote:

I would expect to have the option to use Roku on a large screen in any of three bedrooms or office to watch HBO GO. A premium service which I already pay for via cable subscription (almost $200/month!!!) and use on my smart phone and iPad at home. It is bad enough that one can't stream such via 4G LTE. 

Comcast:  Please add HBO GO to Roku, which all your competitors did a long time ago.

Thank you

The limitation on streaming via 3G, 4G or LTE does not make sense to me--and there really is no logical reason that I can find. If they are trying to use the excuse that the connection is not fast enough, that is really a crock. When riding to my son's one time I was using my laptop connected to a Virgin MiFi 3G connection doing research for a paper. I also wanted to stream on Demand on my phone using Comcast's app--and received the alert that I could not use it over the 3G network, had to be WiFi...so instead I connected to the MiFi hotspot - also connected at 3G - and was able to stream the app just fine. So it's not a speed issue.

With Dish, there was/is no such restriction, I can stream no matter where I am, as long as I can get connected.

New Poster

Does anyone know if there is a petition online somewhere we can start adding signatures to?

I'm sure there are tons of Comcast users out there who want HBOGo on their Rokus... 

New Poster

you can use roku to stream to any tv in the house without the need for another cable box,and its not just ondemand TWC has an app for roku and you can watch every channel you pay for on the roku,i do not have cable in the bedroom and would very much like to have a comcast app.

New Poster

Because HBO Go is on demand, you select what you want, when you want it, from the entire HBO catalogue.  As opposed to the cable box which tells you what you can watch when as far as I can tell.

New Poster

I don't want to buy an XBox--why can't I use my Roku to access what I watch through Xfinity?  Nearly every other media outlet can do this.

Are we not paying enough money monthly to Comcast? How much do we have to bleed?

New Poster

ROKU and HBO GO

Comcast/Xfinity is not listed by HBO as one of the TV providers for HBO GO using Roku. Please advice.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: ROKU and HBO GO

Comcast currently restricts HBOGo to portable devices, and a few select consoles like the XBOX360. I guess they figure if you want to watch it on a TV, you can use your cable box and OnDemand...

New Poster

Technically, this doesn't seem any different than the other platforms.  Pop up a web page and login.  Surely HBO is hosting the content, not Comcast.  Doesn't seem like a technical barrier.  So how many years is this really going to take?  And what are the reasons for not enabling it??

Uverse and Dish both support this in my neighborhood, so why should I keep putting up with this?

Contributor

If you have the choice, you should be thinking about options. I have no desire to leave Comcast, but this is really making me furious since we are just about the only people who can't access hbogo anywhere they want if they are a subscriber to hbo. It is not a technical issue, this is hbo content on an hbo site..it is just that Comcast refuses to let their paid subscribers get to it.

Regular Visitor

I just spent the better part of an hour trying to find out the name of the department or the vice president or executive vice president in charge of supported devices/platforms.  After finally getting through to a live-body in customer service, she didn't know what to say to my request for who to talk to about HBO Go not being available on Roku.  She wanted to transfer me to Roku, but I told her there was nothing wrong with my Roku device, I wanted to talk to someone at Comcast about why Comcast didn't work with Roku.  She put me on hold, went away, and never came back.  After 8 minutes of silence, the line disconnected.  I, then, spent the better part of 1/2 hour trying to get the same information by chatting with an on-line customer representative.  I told him I had just been on the phone with customer service, and that I had been put on hold and no one ever came back.  His answer was that Comcast does not support Roku as part of their platform.  (Tell me something I don't know.)  He advised me to call the same telephone number where I had just experienced the disastrous customer service described above.  He would not give me even the name of the department responsible for determining what platforms Comcast supports.  I will now have to research this and send communications to every executive vice president whose departments may possibly be in charge of supported platforms.  I'd recommend anyone else to do the same.  Maybe if they start getting hard copy mail, we'll make a dent.  Slim chance, but better than none.  Oh, by the way, the on-line rep told me he was going to "make a note of this on my account."  I have no idea what that means. 

Regular Contributor

@mplsmrt wrote:

I will now have to research this and send communications to every executive vice president whose departments may possibly be in charge of supported platforms.  I'd recommend anyone else to do the same.  Maybe if they start getting hard copy mail, we'll make a dent.  Slim chance, but better than none.  Oh, by the way, the on-line rep told me he was going to "make a note of this on my account."  I have no idea what that means. 

It was a lot easier to just change providers to one that actually cares about customers.

Regular Contributor

@DMilnerJax wrote:

@mplsmrt wrote:

I will now have to research this and send communications to every executive vice president whose departments may possibly be in charge of supported platforms.  I'd recommend anyone else to do the same.  Maybe if they start getting hard copy mail, we'll make a dent.  Slim chance, but better than none.  Oh, by the way, the on-line rep told me he was going to "make a note of this on my account."  I have no idea what that means. 

It was a lot easier to just change providers to one that actually cares about customers.

Unfortunately, not everyone has that option. In the area I live in, it's Comcast or DirecTV, no other providers.

Regular Contributor

@workerdummy wrote:

Unfortunately, not everyone has that option. In the area I live in, it's Comcast or DirecTV, no other providers.

If you can get DirecTV, then should also be available. I am extremely happy with their service, pricing, and packages at this point.

Regular Contributor

@workerdummy wrote:

If you can get DirecTV, then Dish should also be available. I am extremely happy with their service, pricing, and packages at this point.

Regular Visitor

I am an avid Roku user and just purchased the latest Roku 3 streaming box and could not believe that Xfinity is not on the list of television cable providers that offers HBO Go on this latest Roku equipment. I noticed that there are a number of other providers such as ATT U-verse Verizon, and Cox, just to name a few out of at least a couple of dozen well known companies that do offer HBO Go. 

In short, this doesn't make sense to me. We all pay premium prices each month for Xfinity services (which unfortunately continue to increase slowly every month) and the company has not kept up with the products and features that other premier telecomnunications services companies currently offer. At just under $230 dollars that I pay each month for my current services, I think Xfinity needs to get on the ball and provide HBO Go as a service offering to their customers.

Enough said ... But at some point, being the largest telecommunications provider is not going to prevent Xfinity from losing many of its more tech-savvy customers.

Tommy 49  

Regular Visitor

I just upgraded to have HBO SPECIFICALLY FOR having access to HBO Go because I have to travel a lot for work.  I carry a Roku with me rather than trying to stream or hook up my laptop and this REALLY ticks me off that they don't support the ROKU.  They don't even offer to support all the same shows HBO Go does on their "On Demand" for HBO.  COME ON XFINITY.  CHARTER, DISH, and all the other major companies support it, WHY DON'T YOU?

New Poster

Last I heard from a Comcast rep on this was on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/m3sweatt/status/385241701385658368

"sorry as we have no update on this"

That's not a very enlightening answer or even a real acknowledgement of the issue.

New Poster

I mean really Comcast, specifically not supporting a device because it's used on TVs? As if otherwise it would hurt your bottom line? Like you aren't shaking down customers enough already lol

Surprise, they doesn't actually care about customers. What a joke

Frequent Visitor

Actually, what makes it even more infuriating for Roku owner's is the fact that other devices are supported by Comcast...including the  XBOX and AppleTV which are basically set top devices as well. Why do they receive support and not Roku?

I'm starting to wonder if Apple and Microsoft haven't kicked a little "incentive" Comcast's way.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I've been looking at the Dish and DirecTV deals. Its a pain to switch, but Comcast's lack of response in their own forums, leaves me little choice. Why stay with a company that has no respect for their customers? Even contacting the executive offices, has netted me little more than a weak apology. All I'm looking for, is someone to reach out to their own development team, and just let us know the ETA on roku support? Why is such a thing so difficult??

Frequent Visitor

Oh well, voting with my wallet and cancelling cable with Comcast anyhow. They're lucky their internet is as fast as it is or I'd be done with them completely.

Frequent Visitor

If you have Twitter you need to message Sam Schwartz

Sam Schwartz (@samschwartz) is currently Chief Business Development Officer at Comcast. He was President of Converged Products when Go became available on the Roku. That division is responsible for initiating and managing the outside relationships that Comcast has. From my research it is not clear who is currently president. I am close to accepting that Go will never be supported on the Roku. Now I just want to know why from someone with decision making power. If enough of us message him maybe he will respond.

Regular Visitor

The only way to get any real effort out of Comcast is when Verizon FIOS moves in to your area. Verizon's service is amazing and they had their minor bugs worked out years ago... unlike Comcast's gawd-awful list of X1 beta bugs.

Until then, they don't care in the least that we can't access HBO Go on Roku and they won't care until a competitor forces them to step up.

Contributor

I was really disappointed that there are no competitive services in the sf bay area of all places. I hope there will be soon, it seems there is an opening if someone wants to grab it.

Contributor

For anyone that cares, the X1 platform is still a joke.  I ended up with their corporate customer care center and every issue I listed turned out to be a known problem that they don't currently have a solution for.

The system will randomly decide to skip recording a show.

The system will randomly decide to stop recording a show, and then restart a few minutes later.

The system will not let you know if you have a recording conflict - it just will not record conflicted shows.

The system repeatedly drops connection to their server, which means you can't access the DVR content on a remote box.

The system will become unresponsive to remote control commands - but continue to buffer them up, so when it does become responsive again, it executes all those button presses.

The system will randomly decide to stop playing back content on the DVR and return you to the menu.  At this point the show is marked as 'watched' and you have to FF to get back to the previous location.

I know this is a specific roku thread, but someone brought up the X1, so I figured I'd jump in.

Still wish I could access ALL of HBO on my Roku with my PAID comcast subscription...

New Poster

The access to HBOGO via cable sucks, it's convulted and not nearly as user friendly and may lack some of the available programing.  You are a humongous corporation and i don't think it's too much to ask that you add this preference for your customers!

Frequent Visitor

Re: If you have Twitter you need to message Sam Schwartz

Excellent - thanks for providing this suggestion - tactical use of Social Media to leaders at Comcast is a very good idea.  It would be great if other Comcast leaders email, facebook or twitter addresses could be located.  That would be a possible productive use of the folks on this forum as obviously Comcast never responds to this forum directly.  Thanks for sharing - I just tweeted to Sam Schwartz...

New Poster

It's funny-- I've chatted online with a Comcast rep, searched the Comcast site for how to request HBO Go on Roku, and called several numbers, each one suggested by a differenct Comcast rep/agent.  None of them could accept/tally my request for HBO Go service on Roku.  The closest I got was someone in the Apps department telling me it's a "licensing issue" (read-- not enough money for Comcast).

This is how a corporation hides customer dissatisfaction-- by not allowing it to be expressed in a measurable way.  HBO Go lists no less than 50 cable providers who can allow it to stream to Roku-- yet Comcast, with all its resources, cannot.  It can't get more transparent.

New Poster

Re: ROKU and HBO GO

Yeah whats up with that........I have set up my PC to watch hbogo but the ROKU cant activate the service because apparently Comcast doesnot support the service...I think the next complaint should go to HBO for a rebate or fix.....

Regular Visitor

I subscribe to Comcast Xfinity and like the "On-Demand" feature.  My wife and I travel quite a bit and frequently stay (for a week or more at a time) in lodging that provides TV service, but through a non-Comcast service.  I've thought about carrying a Roku with me and connecting it to the TV in our lodging facility.  Thus, the ability to access my Xfinity on-demand features using Roku would be fantastic.

Regular Contributor

@dancervone wrote:

I subscribe to Comcast Xfinity and like the "On-Demand" feature.  My wife and I travel quite a bit and frequently stay (for a week or more at a time) in lodging that provides TV service, but through a non-Comcast service.  I've thought about carrying a Roku with me and connecting it to the TV in our lodging facility.  Thus, the ability to access my Xfinity on-demand features using Roku would be fantastic.

I have to say that to be able to do that is quite convenient when travelling, my current provider does not have a Roku channel yet, but does have both iPhone and tablet app-and I suspect they will be getting a Roku app sooner than later for their "anywhere" functionality. Currently I use my tablet or laptop instead and connect to the hotel TV it there are compatible inputs.  Lvoe the abilty to view my recorded, on-demand, or live programming that I have at home anwhere else that I am.