Community Forum

Pulsing sound

Frequent Visitor

Pulsing sound

The sound on xfinity streaming is pulsating in volume constantly and has been for a week or so.  It's unwatchable despite good stream and picture - the sound pulses are that pronounced.  Anyone know what this is?

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Pulsing sound

It's still happening. No answers, no suggestions...

Silver Problem Solver

Did you try different browseers?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

I did - it happens on this device alone.

Bronze Problem Solver

catyburt wrote:

I did - it happens on this device alone.

Try a different video source like youtube, it might be your device

Frequent Visitor

It does not occur on my phone, Xbox or laptop when playing Xfinity.  On the Kindle it is ONLY on Xfinity,  not Youtube, not Amazon, not Netflix, Hulu or a dozen other sources.

It's Xfinity on Kindle only.   Still happening. Smiley Sad

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

catyburt wrote:

It does not occur on my phone, Xbox or laptop when playing Xfinity.  On the Kindle it is ONLY on Xfinity,  not Youtube, not Amazon, not Netflix, Hulu or a dozen other sources.

It's Xfinity on Kindle only.   Still happening. Smiley Sad

Does the Kindle use wifi?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

The kindle uses wifi

Frequent Visitor

Just got a free 7 day trial for DirecTV and it has no pulsing on my Kindle it's got to be something to do with the Xfinity app...

This is NOT a solution as I still cannot use my XFINITY account to access the programming I pay for

Frequent Visitor

Looks like no ideas to solve this?

Frequent Visitor

I have NOT accepted any solutions and the problem still continues so I don't know why all of a sudden it showed up as solved?  I don't see any information that corrects this problem and I still have unusable audio.  Should I just assume that I'm stuck and won't be able to use XFINITY ?

PS - I am immobile due to disability and reading or watching video via my Kindle fire is my only means of passing time so if anyone can help me sort out how I can access and enjoy the XFINITY programming for which I continue to pay, I'd very much appreciate it!

Frequent Visitor

Again this is pulsating sound from low volume intensity to loud and distorted static repeating continuously while attempting to watch ANY programs using the XFINITY application for kindle fire.  This pulsating sound does not occur on any of the other applications for viewing video on Kindle Fire.  The rate of cyclic pulsating volume is best described as surges - from soft to very loud and distorted to the point where it's mostly just static sound - is approximately one pulse per second.

Please help if you can - I've used XFINITY for years - I'm not sure if there is a solution but if not I guess I'll have to switch to satellite permanently.  😣