Community Forum

Problem with watching my DVR recordings on the computer

Regular Visitor

Problem with watching my DVR recordings on the computer

When watching my recordings they keep blipping or blinking on the computer but not when watching tv. Watching live tv on comp also the same. No problem with Netflix or any  other format, Had a tech come out but could not fix problem

Expert

Re: Problem with watching my DVR recordings on the computer

@tonysanfilippo wrote:

When watching my recordings they keep blipping or blinking on the computer but not when watching tv. Watching live tv on comp also the same. No problem with Netflix or any  other format, Had a tech come out but could not fix problem

try a different computer or perhaps reboot the PC and try again.  Might try connecting via ethernet to see if the problem clears up (would point to wifi issues). some windows updates in progress may interfere with watching video, too. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have been using Chrome, Went to Edge and it works fine

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@tonysanfilippo wrote:

I have been using Chrome, Went to Edge and it works fine

The Chrome issue might be caused by Adobe Flash; do you have to activate it when using Chrome?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

It appears that the problem is the latest Chome update. Tried it on Micro Edge and it works fine

Expert

chrome's flash is its own version and is fully sandboxed. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

What do you mean Sandbox

Expert

@tonysanfilippo wrote:

What do you mean Sandbox

chrome uses its own version of flash within a 'memory' schema that isolates it from seeing or being seen by other processes. the flash can't communicate outside of chrome.