Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Please help - Streaming site and app always say I need to be connected to my home wifi

Highlighted
New Poster

Please help - Streaming site and app always say I need to be connected to my home wifi

Hoping someone from Xfinity/Comcast is monitoring the forums as I've called / chatted with support 3 times to no avail. Internet, TV, etc all work great.. But when trying to stream live tv to our PCs and mobile devices w/ xfinity app we get the message that we need to be connected to our home internet / wifi.. Which we are -- some wired and some wireless. I've read that this can happen when the a customer owned modem isn't registered properly, but no one I talk to in support seems to be able to help. Thanks!
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Please help - Streaming site and app always say I need to be connected to my home wifi

@esuser wrote:
Hoping someone from Xfinity/Comcast is monitoring the forums as I've called / chatted with support 3 times to no avail. Internet, TV, etc all work great.. But when trying to stream live tv to our PCs and mobile devices w/ xfinity app we get the message that we need to be connected to our home internet / wifi.. Which we are -- some wired and some wireless. I've read that this can happen when the a customer owned modem isn't registered properly, but no one I talk to in support seems to be able to help. Thanks!

Go here - https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

Verify that the Serial number for your cable modem matches the mac address listed on your actual modem. If it doesn't, call support and let them know.

Official Employee

Re: Please help - Streaming site and app always say I need to be connected to my home wifi

Hello esuser. I can assist with troubleshooting Xfinity Stream connectivity issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

I have also responded to support your other issue as posted: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Cable-Modem-reports-quot-ISSUE-DETECTED-quot-on-Xfini...

(Only one PM is necessary.)