Community Forum

Online streaming recorded shows skipping

Regular Visitor

Online streaming recorded shows skipping

No problems when watching directly from my X1 DVR. However, the online streaming is showing only bits and pieces of the show. As an example, Elementary.  An hour long show is coming up as only 27 minutes long.  It did cut a few minutes off the begining, however, sections of the show from the middle are also not playing. 

 

Known shows experiencing this issue so far:  Elementary, The Librarians, Westworld.  

New Poster

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

my shows are doing the same thing! almost all of them. i would list but it is every show i watch. i will be calling comast in the morning due to me not being able to enjoy anything i record!

Expert

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping


ILIAC wrote:

No problems when watching directly from my X1 DVR. However, the online streaming is showing only bits and pieces of the show. As an example, Elementary.  An hour long show is coming up as only 27 minutes long.  It did cut a few minutes off the begining, however, sections of the show from the middle are also not playing. 

 

Known shows experiencing this issue so far:  Elementary, The Librarians, Westworld.  


What device are you watching? How is it getting internet? if wireless what is the 'SSID' to which you are connected?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

It is happening on 2 different devices, 1 wired, 1 wireless.   Why would the SSID matter? I don't broadcast my SSID, and see no reason to post it here. 

Expert

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping


ILIAC wrote:

It is happening on 2 different devices, 1 wired, 1 wireless.   Why would the SSID matter? I don't broadcast my SSID, and see no reason to post it here. 


users seem to connect to xfinitywifi SSID which is severely rate limited. Are you sure you are on your home network? have you used a speedtest app or on a desk/laptop used comcasts on ipv4/ipv6 test? http://speedtest.comcast.net/  can you do a bit of testing and post some results?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

Me too. xfinity can't play on computer via network

Expert

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping


danweisner wrote:

Me too. xfinity can't play on computer via network


do you get an error message? how is the computer connected? (wifi or ethernet)? if WiFi what is the name of the SSID to which you connect? (does it have 'home' in the name or a customer name you assigned yourself?)



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

Lets see, my desktop has a wired connection to my home network. My Surface Book is connecting to my home non-xfinitywifi SSID. The issue happens in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, & IE. Since you asked, speedtest results. Should be enough to stream movies. Well, at least no problems through Vudu or Amazon. What I am able to play from https://tv.xfinity.com/recordings plays without lag. It is just missing about half of recorded show. Hour long shows only have about 30 minutes of video and the missing sections of video are from what appears to be random sections of the recorded show.  

 

An example: Elementary.  No problems on X1 DVR but when attempt to play from website, first 5 minutes missing, then played 3 minutes, then next 2 minutes were missing, etc..

Expert

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping


ILIAC wrote:

Lets see, my desktop has a wired connection to my home network. My Surface Book is connecting to my home non-xfinitywifi SSID. The issue happens in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, & IE. Since you asked, speedtest results. Should be enough to stream movies. Well, at least no problems through Vudu or Amazon. What I am able to play from https://tv.xfinity.com/recordings plays without lag. It is just missing about half of recorded show. Hour long shows only have about 30 minutes of video and the missing sections of video are from what appears to be random sections of the recorded show.  

 

An example: Elementary.  No problems on X1 DVR but when attempt to play from website, first 5 minutes missing, then played 3 minutes, then next 2 minutes were missing, etc..


seems like an issue with the cloud DVR. I have sent a message to the technical support specialists available to the forum. Expect a reply (probably after the holidays) here or in a private message. Would you please reply with what they fixed?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Admin1

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

ILIAC, Buffy505, danweisner -- I reviewed each of your accounts. Each of your accounts are showing out of spec signal levels which can cause streaming issues. It is recommended to have a tech visit to correct these issues. I can schedule one for each of you and would need to know days/times that work best for each of you. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

Well, a tech came out.   replaced the X1 DVR box. Still having the same problem. escalated it to another tier.

New Poster

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

I am as well, experiencing recordings skipping as well. It has been an issue for me first three weeks now. I have tried all the songs called experts tips and nothing. This does not bode well for Comcast. Please figure out your problems and fix them. Thanks

Regular Visitor

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

No change.  Problem continues. May be about time to start looking at other options. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

New Poster

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

I am having same issues when trying to watch shows on my tablet from home. Started about 2ish weeks ago, shows buffer about every 1-2 mins, even the ones that are on my DVR. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I have no other apps using internet when on my tablet. Getting very frustrated!

Expert

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping


Katrinah wrote:

I am having same issues when trying to watch shows on my tablet from home. Started about 2ish weeks ago, shows buffer about every 1-2 mins, even the ones that are on my DVR. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I have no other apps using internet when on my tablet. Getting very frustrated!


That sounds like a wireless network issue. Are you able to download the recording and watch without using the wireless for the stream?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert
Moved:

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

Expert
Moved:

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

Expert
Moved:

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

Expert
Moved:

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

Contributor

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

I'm sorry your are experiencing these issues. The symptoms you describe make it clear that the Cloud DVR recordings are corrupted (rather than the website or apps being responsible). The Cloud recordings are entirely separate from the recordings on your physical DVR which is why you see a difference. The Cloud recording technology is continually being improved and optimized but there are still occasional glitches and I truly apologize. At any point in time there are tens of millions of simultaneous Cloud recordings taking place across 12,000+ TV channels. The technology is quite amazing but still relatively new compared to the "old fashioned" DVR under your TV. Smiley Wink

 

I'll share your feedback with the Cloud DVR team.

 

Happy Holidays,

ComcastDan

 

_______________________________________________________
RustyBen's advice is about as useful as Comcasts customer service.
Expert
Moved:

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

Expert

Re: Online streaming recorded shows skipping

closing year old thread.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!