Community Forum

On the CA power outage - can I use iPad over hdmi?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

On the CA power outage - can I use iPad over hdmi?

Trying to use the iOS Stream app on my iPad using the hdmi adapter to my TV. Obviously no home WiFi right now, so I'm using cell. Getting an error saying external device must be disconnected. 
So, is my intended use prohibited? Would it make any difference if I used my Mac instead of my iPad?  If the problem is instead related to the content I chose - in this case, an on demand program, could I watch dvr recorded shows? Livestream?

TIA!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: On the CA power outage - can I use iPad over hdmi?

That function is disabled on the iPad, through the Xfinity Stream app. Use your laptop

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

So, to be clear, using my laptop with my iPhone as a hotspot, I'll be able to access the Stream app and output over hdmi to my tv? If so, that's doable. Not ideal, but doable. 

Expert

@NorCalAl wrote:

So, to be clear, using my laptop with my iPhone as a hotspot, I'll be able to access the Stream app and output over hdmi to my tv? If so, that's doable. Not ideal, but doable. 

depends on your cell provider if they provide hotspot. remember that when not on your own home wifi that the TVgo channels and much of the on-demand programming remains available as well as completed recordings (not still in progress of being recorded).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

That was exactly what I was wondering. I have it working as I outlined right now. Good thing I have an unlimited hotspot...