Community Forum

Not Streaming Live TV

New Poster

Not Streaming Live TV

I'm trying to watch the Cubs game on my laptop and the only channel not working is ESPN. Please help!

Expert

Re: Not Streaming Live TV

@I_wallace32 wrote:

I'm trying to watch the Cubs game on my laptop and the only channel not working is ESPN. Please help!

are you watching live numbered channels in your home while connected to your home wifi? or are you watching your TVgo channels available outside of home? do you receive an error message?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Rusty, when they say home wifi do they mean it has to be Comcast? I am on my home wifi but it's Fairpoint/Consolidated and is not being recognized as my home. I only have TV through Comcast Xfinity. Or is there something I can do to get it recognized as home?

Expert

@Vicki11 wrote:

Rusty, when they say home wifi do they mean it has to be Comcast? I am on my home wifi but it's Fairpoint/Consolidated and is not being recognized as my home. I only have TV through Comcast Xfinity. Or is there something I can do to get it recognized as home?

it is 'in the same home using the bundled internet and TV service for X1'. if not in the actual home then only choice is to use the TVgo channels (not the numbered channels). In the channel guide (set to TVgo) does the program show that you want to watch?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

Thank you, no it's ABC and not listed on TVTOGO. I guess it's because I don't have a bundled package then, just tv from Xfinity. 

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Vicki11, as a cable only subscriber, you are only able to stream TV go channels. If you had internet and cable provided by us, you would be able to stream your entire line up. 

I_wallace32, do you still need help with this?

KenF