Community Forum

No videos will play. (Error::106000.35)

New Poster

No videos will play. (Error::106000.35)

Model: LG G2

Carrier: AT&T

Just downloaded the App for Andriod today on a brand new phone and no video will play on the device. I simply receive Video Buffering for ~2 minutes before it gives up and displays Error::106000.35. No shows as far as I can tell appear to work (specifically attempted various episodes of Archer, Jimmy Fallon, Shark Tank, and American Dad). The phone's specifics far outpace what is needed to play video, is connected over a stable home Wi-Fi connection, and the phone has no issues using similar Apps (specifically Netflix and Crunchyroll).

New Poster

Re: No videos will play. (Error::106000.35)

Same thing 10600.35 on a tablet that i have been useing to watch xfiniy tv appfor 8 months
Regular Visitor

Works on my Iphone 4s,but quit on my tablet.Its worked great till last time i tried it.Deleted it and reinstalled twice,no go!

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please try the steps below and let me know if this fixes your issue.

• Tap the Menu button
  • Tap Settings
  • Tap Playback Options
  • Tap Video Quality
  • Change from "High" to "Medium"
  • Attempt playback

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

ComcastJoe

New Poster

Just tried it...still doesn't work. Smiley Sad ( I'm using Nextbook)

Regular Visitor

Just bought a Nextbook 8SE NX008HI Android 4.1.1 and the TV Go app just says buffering or about two minutes then get the 106000.35 error message.
Tried on many different TV shows and movies, same result. Reinstalled, rebooted, etc etc like others plus changed video to medium as suggested
Results negative. App starts OK, can select shows OK, hit play and player appears to start OK then either
Buffering and error, or just freezes and app says it stopped. Does authentication and internet connection messages
Prior to buffering etc, so it appears it is communicating with xfinity prior to freeze or error. Was able to actually
Play the xfinity tutorial video for about a minute before freeze, but only got audio, no video. From the other messages
On this forum it seems this app used to work. Definitely doesn't now. Other video apps like Netflix and Google
Work fine.
Regular Visitor

Ya i did a few things too and still will not work,maybe i will wait a while and try it again.

New Poster

I'm ready to delete this app. The frustration of having a live channel play for only several minutes before the dreaded error message pops up has overcome me. I have a terrific router and never have difficulty with live streaming with any other app. Why can't xfinity work out the bugs?

Frequent Visitor

I have this app, I have used this app, and I used it successfully.  UNTIL NOW!!!  I use an Asus Android 4.1.1 tablet.  I can't watch any of my subscription videos, yet I can play and watch this week's free HBO video content.  Go figure.  After the video loads, on comes the error:  106000.35.

I cannot watch any of my subscription videos on my Toshiba Netbook either.  This is what that mess looks like: 

Loading Video

The Pioneer Woman S7|E6 "B-Man"

So what is up with this?  My monthly subscription for Cable/Internet is quite expensive, and I can't even use the features they advertise on tv commercials, ad naseum.  Pfft with Comcast!!!

I am awaiting a call back from whomever this was referred to after the phone tech couldn't get it to work, suggesting I do what I already did prior to her advice.  I deleted the app on the tablet, shut off the tablet for at least one minute, reinstalled the app. 

It has to be some sort of key code within the Comcast system.  Why would free HBO content play, but not anything I'm subscribed to (i.e., what I PAY FOR).

Just sayin....

Frequent Visitor

Adding to my previous comments - I tried to access the videos of the tv/movies I pay for through two browsers on my tablet - Firefox and Chrome.  Once it goes through loading, the message comes up that it has to be viewed using the android app.

On my Toshiba netbook, I cannot access the video through Firefox;  that is, the video never starts.  I get no error messages or anything like that - the circle just keeps spinning.  It is an endless wait for the video to load.

I tried it using Chrome, and it works.   It loads and plays.  It needs buffering, but it seems okay.  Very strange.  I would also point out that I do not use Explorer, so I don't know if that makes a difference if using a laptop with Windows like I do (Windows 7 Starter).

New Poster

still wont play video

Frequent Visitor

Okay, I have the "fix."  A Comcast tech worked with me for days, and called today with the solution.  Launch the TV Go app.  In the left-hand corner is a box that will open a menu.  At the very bottom is the Settings option.  Go into the Settings, and go to Playback Options.  For me, it was third down from the top.  Go into Video Quality, and change it from High to Medium. 

That's it.  Once you do that, you should be able to play your subscription shows/movies.  Worked for my device, Asus ME172V, Android V ersion 4.1.1.

Good luck.

New Poster

My player had the same error, I have tried...

restarting phone

setting quality to medium

uninstalling and reinstalling app

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus with android version 4.2.2

New Poster

I have tried everything on this forum board, please send me the correct fix ,I am getting very frustrated.
Tags (1)
New Poster

For everyone who has had this error,there is nothing wrong with your equipment,I have
Been informed by a Comcast tech that you must have a comcast modem with the built in wireless gateway or be within range of a xfinity hot spot then you can sign-in with your e-mail or your Comcast ID, so if you try to use you own router you are S.O.L.
Regular Visitor

I have had the same negative results both with the Comcast gateway/wifi router (my original comments 31 April), and also with my own WiFi router hung off port two of the Comcast gateway.
Primary difference is that there is a problem with the Comcast gateway that only let's my android tablet get 1-3 Mbps unless I use my own router for WiFi and I get 9-12 Mbps. Either day no difference. Cwtv app, watchespn app etc all work great on either configuration. The only Tv app that doesn't work is this xfinity TV go app.
New Poster

I have a Nextbook Android 4.1.1- I have done everything you've listed and that everyone else has listed.  I either get a constantly "buffering with nothing happening or Error ::106000.35 Content cannot play on this device.  Just like with everyone else, Netflix, HuLu and YouTube all work fine.  Only have a problem with this app.  It also does not matter if I am using a comcast Wifi or a home network.

Any other suggestions?

New Poster

If you have to be logged in , whats the point of downloading the content for later viewing.  I think most people would be downloading because they expect the would not have WIFI access, such as on a plane. 

Also, I don't have the option to set the video quality.  All I have is Show Volume Control and Show Brightness control

Running Andriod 2.3 on a Verion network.

Any suggestions?

New Poster

My phone doesn't work but my wife's does and we have the same OS. Go figure.

New Poster

as usual comcast does not respond to problems.  I can live stream from xfinity to go on my laptop, i pad and android tablet.  However, on my zte valet android 4.1.1 i get your same error stating content not playable on this device.  Unable to get ANY explanation from android forum, comcast, or carrier.  I have a comcast router, and tried xfinity wifi or my own assigned wifi and nothing works.  Have tried fixes about changing settings and still no luck.  Just want to know why.  Would like Comcast to give explanation instead of ignoring everyones posts.

Regular Visitor

That's nonsense, I have a Dory gateway and I bridged out to my own router and I have excellent performance, including the app. 

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

New Poster

I used to get around this by using a diffrent version of the Xfinity App.  That no longer works.. The earlier version I was using just refuses period. The latest versions, will play commercials then tell me to pack sand with that error. Ohh well

New Poster

Same ole Comcast, Same ole Xfinity... I switched to Universe last week, pay a lot less, get better service and no longer feel like I'm waiting in line.  Shame on you Comcast

New Poster

my Sansung S4 and Samsung Tablet worked great and then it didn't and I used this process and it fixed the problem.  Thx

New Poster

HERE IS THE FIX PEOPLE!

FIRSTLY... DO AS SUGGESTED IN PREVIOUS THREDS, AND THATS TO GO INTO SETTING IN YOU XFINITY GO APP, AND CHANGE VIDEO QUALITY FROM HIGHT TO MEDIUM... 

THEN...

GO TO ANDROID SETTINGS, ON YOUR ANDROID MAIN MENU...

Now, go to the "APPS" menu...

Find the Xfinity Go App...

Click on it... 

Now, clear cache, (dont clear data/personal settings, or your xfinity settings will be lost, thats not needed.)  

Then...CLICK, force app to stop...

Now go to your android desktop, and open xfinity Go...

ENJOY!

New Poster

It is quite obvious that Comcast has no intention of fixing this bug-infested app. 

Just one more reason I loathe Comcast.

New Poster

Nope. Still showing error. 

If Comcast was honest, the error would read, "We're sorry, but this app is just a bunch of random buttons that do nothing, and our tech people are so incompetent that we don't anticipate this app ever actually working."

New Poster

Clearing cache and changing video quality do nothing for any of the thousands actually experiencing this error.  Would only help if you had a low speed/poor connection.  

Come on Comcast -- you are a billion dollar media company....build an app (that you charge for in your subsciption fees) that you test and make work.  Another example of Comcast's customer no-service

Admin1

I'm sending this error code to our App team. They review this and see what can be done to resolve it. 

New Poster

Has this ever actually been resolved?!?! This problem is now over two years old. It's marked as resolved, but there is not one definitive solution. A couple suggestions that may have worked for one or two people are not solutions.
Admin1

This is an Android device-only error that indicates that the device you are trying to use is currently incompatible with our Adobe Player. The XFINITY TV app and the XFINITY TV Go app are currently not supported on iCraig or Nextbook Android Devices.

Admin1

We are asking for anyone who still has this issue to please list the specific show and episode this error is appearing on. 

New Poster

A specific list? How about everything?

Right now I have AMC The Walking Dead S6Ep9-16 and Marvel's Agents of Shield S3Ep11-12. Same exact result on all of them. This is not show specific

Nothing like an international trip as the time to find out your service provider hasn't resolved a 2 year old issue.
Problem Solver

Hello TickedOffToo,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Please allow us to do some research and we will reach back out to you as soon as possible.

Regular Visitor

When I download shows on my iPad at home it shows up in my downloads but the moment I try to watch or I'm no longer in range of my Wi-Fi the downloads disappear or I get a playback error message. This has only happened recently as I was able to download shows about a week ago without issue. Did something change recently?

Scott

Problem Solver

Hi scotte9,

Please reply thru a Private Message with the account number or your service address.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi scotte9, I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

The entire Channel lineup as well as any recorded programs will not play on xfinity tv app.  It acquires playback license on XFINTY to go app but on xfinity tv app it does not play and states," We're sorry.  Because of security protocols required by our network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only.  My ZTE ZMAX 2 mobile Android 5.1 smart phone is my mobile device.  The Comcast engineers have told me that the app does not like my phone and that I will just have to live with it or find a phone that the app will like..  I am paying well over $200 per month for this service.  The entire X1 business model is based upon live streaming over any mobile device but I am unable to use the service I subscribed to and spend too many hours on the phone with tech support with no resolution.  It worked fine on my older Alcatel Android phone.  If the security setiings are the issue, then this should be an easy fix as it is unable to acquire the necessary permissions.  

Regular Visitor

This is unacceptable considering the cost of the subscription.

Regular Visitor

After logging out and logging back in after you reset it, it worked once and it's again back to the same issue as before. I will wait about 20-30 minutes to download a recording on my iPad only for it to show no downloads available when I go to watch it. This is a bit ridiculous as this is one of the main reasons I opted for Xfinity in the first place as I commute on a train daily and like to watch my recordings. If this app is not going to work I can certainly find much cheaper options.

New Poster

As with all other fixes in the thread, YMMV, but I found something that worked on 2 devices (Android Marshmallow).

I went to Settings, Apps. Then did Force Stop on TV. I then cleared BOTH data and cache.

When I restarted the app I was able to play live TV again on each device (Moto Xbox phone and nVidia Shield K1 tablet) , and was able to play 2 different channels on the phone.
New Poster

I went into settings on my phone, application manager, clear data, and then logged into app again. Worked for me!
New Poster

I just tried this on my kindle fire which worked fine until 2-3 days ago.  Show will not load,  It says waiting for internet connection after buffering starts and then flips back to choice of episode window.  Previously the error read: Native error: 106000 error 35.  So something changed but did not cure the problem.

New Poster

I was watching in the exact spot I usually do until it stopped video and bounced back to episode page and play.  Have kept trying for several days no luck.  Kindle fire using tv to go app that has always worked before.

Official Employee

ladypixel3 wrote:

I was watching in the exact spot I usually do until it stopped video and bounced back to episode page and play.  Have kept trying for several days no luck.  Kindle fire using tv to go app that has always worked before.

I'm sorry but the XFINITY TV Go app is no longer supported. It has been retired and replace with the XFINITY TV app. You can find our current apps at https://xfinity.com/apps.

New Poster

I have a kindle fire and could watch things live or on demand until 3 days ago.  I tried changing the video setting to meduim still no luck.  This morning I sent many of my apps on my device that were not used often to the cloud.  Then I went to the cloud and deleted apps I was not using or tired of using, they can be downloaded later if I want them.  I again tried the TV to Go app and it worked again!  So, whatever device you are using you could try clearing clutter or emptying caches and try the xfinity apps again.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

New Poster

My phone and tablets was working great all last week.  Now I am getting the same error.  I have tried all the above fix nothing is working.  any answers anyone.

New Poster

I just used this to try and watch the steelers playoff game and got the same error. Yet I can watch other recordings. Comcast too bad u don't have competition otherwise u might have to care