Community Forum

No sound when streaming xfinity tv on PC

Official Employee

Re: No sound when streaming xfinity tv on PC

I have the same problem, xfinity streaming on my pc. I have audion on FOX news 820, and 811 but not on CBS 806,

ArnonR, What web browser are you using? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hello,

I use Firefox, I also tried it on Google Chrome with the same results.
Some channels have and some have no audio.
Thanks.

Official Employee

Thanks for confirming! Appreciate it. Are you using the same user ID to log into the site each time? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes, same user name

Expert

@ArnonR wrote:

I have the same problem, xfinity streaming on my pc. I have audion on FOX news 820, and 811 but not on CBS 806,

did you try a different device (smart phone/tablet, a different PC a different browser like Chrome)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

It behaves the same on my desktop win 10 PC, and on my laptop.
Interesting... I had audio on fox news this evening, so I tried to see what will be on channel 806.

No audio on 806, and when I got back to fox, I had no audio as well.
I also can see people complain about a similar problem for several years now.

Expert

@ArnonR wrote:

It behaves the same on my desktop win 10 PC, and on my laptop.
Interesting... I had audio on fox news this evening, so I tried to see what will be on channel 806.

No audio on 806, and when I got back to fox, I had no audio as well.
I also can see people complain about a similar problem for several years now.

a comcast employee will usually reply to you within 72 hours.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

@ArnonR wrote:

How many other channels have this issue?  I have about 200 channels and I get sound on all of them.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Hi,

I have too many channels to count, it goes from the single digits local channels to 3000 (yes, 3 with 3 zeroes) give or take, but many "holes" in between.
I did not verify which of the channels are up or down, only few. But it really apear to be randomly.
My big flat screen TV broke down, and I like to wait with getting a new one until after I move to my new home, 6 to 8 weeks. And now I can not even watch couple of channels on the computer. (It worked fine in the past...)

Official Employee

Hi there, ArnonR. 

I can submit a ticket for you, for the sound issue. 

I want to help! 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

Never mind,

AR

New Poster

I, too, am having the same problem.

Expert

@BonnieSkip wrote:

I, too, am having the same problem.

try same connection and channel on a smart phone/tablet. working there?