Community Forum

No sound when streaming xfinity tv on PC

New Poster

No sound when streaming xfinity tv on PC

Noticed that sound stopped working today for streaming tv on my PC. Having this problem for live TV as well as On Demand episodes. Tried updating adobe flash as well as streaming on a different web browser (Firefox and Microsoft Edge). Sound works when streaming with my iPad. Anyone else having this problem?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: No sound when streaming xfinity tv on PC

Gamma_07 wrote:

Noticed that sound stopped working today for streaming tv on my PC. Having this problem for live TV as well as On Demand episodes. Tried updating adobe flash as well as streaming on a different web browser (Firefox and Microsoft Edge). Sound works when streaming with my iPad. Anyone else having this problem?

Sound on pc works fine on my system, can you get sound from other sources like youtube. The only problems being reported recently is no sound while using bluetooth and no sound on some on demand shows.

New Poster

Other websites seem to be working fine. Not sure why sound stopped working for Xfinity streaming. No changes were made to my PC since it last worked for me.

New Poster

I am not getting any sound on any of the xfinity stream on my PC. This started 4 or 5 days ago. I have sound on all other websites, the problem is only with xfinity.

New Poster

Same here. Xfinity live streaming was working fine just 3 days ago on Microsoft Edge and then the very next day the sound just stopped working. Sound works perfectly for any other online site and app. It's not the computer or connections. It's only xfinity online on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome as well.
New Poster

I have received no sound when streaming Xfinity on my PC.  There is no audio when using Microsoft Edge, Mozilla, or any other browser.  However the sound works fine on other sites visited.  The sound also works on my smartphone.

Would you please assist me?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

I have a similar problem, streaming sound works fine with ths computers build in speakers, but there is no audio over bluetooth or with headphones pluged into the computer.  Problem exists on all my browsers Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer and appears to only impacting XfinityStream as all other web sites have audio.  Would like to sort this out.

New Poster

Im experiencing same thing on Firefox 55.0.3 (latest version), video plays but no audio.  Same on Edge.  However, tried Chrome and it works fine,  Please fix this Comcast!

New Poster

I am having the same issue when streaming on my PC.  Two out of the four shows I have tried to watch do not have volume.

New Poster

Same problem on my iMac. Tried reinstalling flash, but to no avail. Am using High Sierra Version 13 which may be a cause.

New Poster

download BOOM 2 and select it as your audio output. Worked for me,

new restrictions drove me crazy. I hope it's not something Xfinity did on purpose, but that's the solution.

New Poster

I was just on chat with Comcast and they sent me to 3 different tiers of problem solving and didn't get anywhere. Hopefully they offer a solution soon.
New Poster

Same here - Firefox, Chrome, and MS Edge on Windows 10 do not work for Xfinity, but sound works for all other web sites (e.g. CNN.com, Youtube).  I understand this may have been caused by a Flash update of some sort?

For me, I have a speaker built into the computer (crappy on-board speaker).  Xfinity plays through this on-board speaker, but not my normal speakers which are connected through a standard audio cable (external desktop computer speakers).  I have no ability to select/change the speaker selection.  When I go into Volume Mixer, I see Adobe Flash as being associated with the on-board speakers, but no way to change it, despite all other apps and default selections set to my external speakers.  Disabling the on-board speaker results in no sound at all.

New Poster

I'm having similar issues.  Audio and all audio controls for Xfinity streaming content stop working when I connect my Macbook Pro to my Thunderbolt display.  This ONLY happens with Xfinity streaming content.  YouTube, other web videos, iTunes, etc. work fine.

Bronze Problem Solver

New Poster

The resolution in this link posted 9/20 works (Clear history/Caache for internet browser, close browser, restart browser)

New Poster

clearing the cache and history worked for me, didnt have sound for 2 days on xfinity pc stream only. glad i found this thread

New Poster

This worked, thank you!

Had no sound since yesterday. I have a Mac mini set up to a Panasonic TV, which itself has a home cinema sound system attached. Lost sound through my speakers, yesterday, and assumed it was all sound coming from my Mac mini. However, my sound output was still showing “Panasonic TV” when I looked in the sound output menu on my Mac mini. Realised that other sources of sound, e.g. other internet sites and media files on my Mac mini were playing through the speaker fine, just not from xfinity. Xfinity was playing through the Mac mini speakers only - barely audible in my living room!

I followed the instructions - History - Clear History - selected today and yesterday (issue started yesterday) - closed Safari - Quit Safari - reopened Safari - had to log back into xfinity, but that didn’t take long. Sound worked again through my home cinema system speaker, via my connected TV. 😎

thank you!

New Poster

Thanks! This opiton resolved the sound issue I too was experiencing on my MAC Sierra/Firefox. Appreicate your post.

New Poster

My audio on Edge and Internet explorer stopped working on 9/26/17. None of the fixes posted worked for me. I do AV fo a living and have tried everything I can think of. I have tried updating the nVidia driver, I am using the HDMI output on my Home Theater PC to feed to my Arcam surround receiver. I am wondering if it is a content protection issue, although the Flash licence reset didn't work. It's kind of concidental that this happened on the same week as the fall shows starting up. I have noticed that there are no official answers to this problem either. One could wonder if they are trying to force us to pay for the set top boxes.

New Poster

This solution worked for me as well! I did not have the same exact issue but it was very close. I had sounds coming from my imac speakers but no sound from the TV which I previously had. Clear history AND clear cache worked for me with Safari and Firefox. Thank you!!
New Poster

same issues; no sound on anyl channel via any browser while streaming Xfinity TV on PC; YouTube is fine. Must be a bug on COMCAST side. Had this for several days now

New Poster

I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy!  I fixed my issue by going into the sound settings on my Windows 7 PC.  I saw two playback devices labeled as speakers.  One of the playback devices had a green checkmark which signified it as the default.  I started playing a recorded show on my PC and I noticed the visual volume indicator rise and fall on the non-default device.  I right clicked the non-default device and deleted it.  Once I deleted the non-default device the sound from my recorded show came through my headphones.

Hope this helps!

Frequent Visitor

I also stopped getting audio over the HDMI cable from Xfinity Streaming on my PC. . It started off and on a few weeks ago and is now permanantly fubar'd.  All other sevices have no problem sending HD audio over the HDMI. It is HDCP complient and is not a problem with my setup.  If Comcast does'nt correct this soon, I'll be giving my business to another provider. This is ridiculous.. 

What crappy service for what it cost. 

Frequent Visitor

UPDATE: Based on info from others on this post I cleared the browser history and cache for Edge and Explorer on Win10, closed both browsers and tried Xfinity Streaming on my PC again.

Problem was solved by that action. I now have great picture and audio. Don't see how this only affects the player in Xfinity Streaming, but I am glad this resolved the issue of no audio..

Bronze Problem Solver

BigCahuna2 wrote:

UPDATE: Based on info from others on this post I cleared the browser history and cache for Edge and Explorer on Win10, closed both browsers and tried Xfinity Streaming on my PC again.

Problem was solved by that action. I now have great picture and audio. Don't see how this only affects the player in Xfinity Streaming, but I am glad this resolved the issue of no audio..

Its an adobe flash bug that they released around the 15th. Chrome should work without the clearing cache/history work around.

New Poster

I feel better that you all had the same problem -- Could not get audio on my PC in the Edge or Explorer browsers.  I cleared the caches and history, still no sound.  I downloaded Chrome and can get audio there.  But is someone out there doing a global fix?  Comcast?  Adobe?  And could someone please tell the staff who answer the phones about this, instead of making me think I am the only one who ever had this happen?  No, Comcast, it was not my PC, which plays video apps just fine.  And it was not Bluetooth, because I have my speakers hardwired to the PC. 

New Poster

I had the same issue , and I have tried clearing history and cache but it didn’t work, so now I went to the speakers it self and disable the non-default ones and the sound transferes to my HDMI .
New Poster

same for me. I am none too happy
New Poster

same for me. I went to playback devices/advanced tab and clicked off "allow apps to take exclusive control"
started working.
New Poster

Removing the non-used outputs in the Playback Devices menu worked for me as well, thank you! For some reason the stream site is choosing the non used audio outputs on our PC's. In case you don't know how to access this menu just right click on the speaker icon in you tray by the Time and Date. Choose Playback Devices and you will have a new window with a list of outputs. While I had a streaming video playing I noticed that the level indicator was flashing green on the wrong device. As soon as I deleated it the sound moved to the HDMI device and finally I had sound from my speakers!

New Poster

This is a known issue with the Adobe Flash version 27.0. Comcast contacted Adobe and this will be fixed in Adobe Flash's next release.

Below are some troubleshooting steps to try in the interim before an update is released.

Problem: No Audio when connected to HDMI Cable (Happening with Adobe Flash version 27.0)

Solution:

1. Go to https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html
  2. Click “Reset Flash License Files” button
  3. Clear browser cookies & cache
  4. Quit the browser
  5. Re-launch and login to the App

Problem: No Audio when connected to Bluetooth Speaker / Headphones

Solution:

1. Pair your device
  2. Clear browser cookies & cache
  3. Quit the browser
  4. Re-launch and login to the App

How to clear browser history:

Firefox:

• Click ‘History’ from browser menu
  • Click ‘Clear Recent History’
  • Set ‘Time range to clear’ as `Everything`
  • Check Cookies & Cache
  • Click ‘Clear Now’ button
  • Load the app and login

Safari:

• Click ‘History’ from browser menu
  • Click ‘Clear History’
  • Select ‘All History’
  • Click ‘Clear History’ button

Internet Explorer:

• Go to Settings
  • Click ‘Internet Options’
  • On the ‘General’ tab, click ‘Delete’ button
  • Check - Temporary Internet Files and website Files, Cookies & Website data, Form data
  • Click “Delete” button
  • Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button

MS Edge:

• Click on the three dots (on the top right)
  • Click on Settings
  • Scroll and click ‘Choose What to clear’ button under ‘Clear browsing data’ section
  • Check - Cookies and saved website data & Cached data and files.
  • Click on Clear button
New Poster

The linked site on Adobe says "Be careful when resetting license files. When you reset license files, Flash Player resets all existing license files for protected content that plays on your computer in Flash Player. You will not be able to access the content in Flash Player from this computer until you have downloaded new licenses from your content provider." 

New Poster

Try Google Chrome and enable flash player.  Did not work on Microsoft Edge for me either

New Poster

in addition you need to reset your adobe flash license and erase your browsing history ,cookies & cache, close browsers and restart firefox or edged, open browser and log back into xfinity.

New Poster

I am experiencing the same problem using microsoft edge for 2 weeks now with no help from comcast xfinity.  Everything else works while streaming youtube hulu, what is the solution to  this annoying problem?

Bronze Problem Solver

vmore wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem using microsoft edge for 2 weeks now with no help from comcast xfinity.  Everything else works while streaming youtube hulu, what is the solution to  this annoying problem?

There is no solution to this problem until Adobe fixes the bug in flash. There are work arounds: use chrome for streaming from comcast or trying the clearing cookies/cache in other browsers.

New Poster

This actuall worked!  "went to playback devices/advanced tab and clicked off "allow apps to take exclusive control"
started working."  Now have sound from tv using hdmi!

inity tv on PC - Xfinity Help and Support Forums

same for me. I went to playback devices/advanced tab and clicked off "allow apps to take exclusive control"
started working.
Frequent Visitor

I have my computer hooked to mh TV and I don't have any sound either,  However AOL, MSN, sounds - no problem.  Also my kindle I can watch and have sound what is wrong?

Frequent Visitor

I have my PC hooked to my TV.  Picture is fine.  NO SOUND.  I know everything is working because I have sound on youtube, aol. etc.  It is Xfinity that is the problem -Xfinity needs to FIX IT

New Poster

I"m having the same issue just started a couple of days ago, sound works fine on all else or streaming YouTube, been a PC tech a lot of years it's not a PC issue it's an Xfinity live stream issue. Doesn't matter what browser just can't get sound only on Xfinity Live Stream and it worked fine for last year, so something has changed recently for all of us on their live stream for PC

New Poster

Hasn't helped on mine I have Edge set to clear all when it's closed and have never used firefox for Xfinity Live Stream till now and no sound there either.

New Poster

I did this too and it worked.  Did yours "stick?"  Mine worked for a day, then I  have to repeat the process again.  Stinks.  And stinks that Comcast isn't doing something about it.  

Frequent Visitor

Highlight the SAP button at bottom of streaming screen.

New Poster

Same thing was happening to me.  Youtube and other websites would work but not Xfinity.  I noticed the website was being redireceted to my digital output (I use the HDMI)  I disabled/turned off the digital output("black" headphone jack, not sure how fiber optic would do) completely and made sure my hdmi/tv was set to default again.  it had fixed my problem.  I left my original speakers on, my main "green" port that I do actually use for headphones.  Hope this helps.  

New Poster

I have the same problem. Just lost sound on NFL network in both TV’s that I use Roku sticks on. Absolutely no audio on both. I called Roku and Comcast. Roku says the problem is with NFL Network. Comcast escalated to their engineering department but I still haven’t heard from them.
New Poster

laptop works fine at this location WiFi connection Topwer diredt connect with eternet

New Poster

no sound when streaming on pc

@Gamma_07 wrote:

Other websites seem to be working fine. Not sure why sound stopped working for Xfinity streaming. No changes were made to my PC since it last worked for me.

Expert

@jackiecharach wrote:

no sound when streaming on pc

@Gamma_07 wrote:

you may need assistance from your PC's maker or a resource person. Your speaker driver may have other 'outputs' and your current settings for the particular browser is not set to the computer speakers.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).