Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

No Xfinity listed on Xbox One Comedy Central app?

Regular Visitor

No Xfinity listed on Xbox One Comedy Central app?

I'm a bit stumped here. Just bought an Xbox One, and I wanted to quickly watch a South Park episode. Before I can, the app makes me pick my cable provider.

Every cable provider in America is show, except for Xfinity. Thus, I can't watch any Comedy Central show. I can stream CC episodes just fine through my Android tablet to my Chromecast. But not my Xbox One?

This can't be right, can it? 

Tags (1)
Expert
Moved:

Re: No Xfinity listed on Xbox One Comedy Central app?

Post Removed. Forum Posting Guidelines (Circumvention of Language Filter)

New Poster

s1500,

you said, "... the app makes me pick my cable provider..."

could you specify *which* app are you referring to? Do you mean the Comedy Central app?

Did you also search for "Comcast" on the list of cable providers? (Comcast/Xfinity are the same company in some markets)

New Poster

Yes, it's the Comedy Central app. And yes we (I, at least) searched for both Comcast and Xfinity. Neither one of those is an option. I should also note that when I use my iPhone or iPad to access "locked" Comedy Central content (using iOS app), Comcast/Xfinity is *also* not displayed as an option - but that app gives me the option to log in using Facebook, or create a separate Comedy Central login. (It displays a message saying something like "for now you can just login separately.") So again, it seems to be some distribution rights issue that Comcast has with Comedy Central. Or vice versa. Who knows. Lawyers fighting over who gets a bigger piece of the pie, meanwhile making all us captive customers suffer...

Edit: Apparently my previous post was removed. Hopefully because it contained a veiled curse word, not because I'm insinuating negative things about Comcast's lawyers.

New Poster

It's a relatively common issue.

The XBox Redzone access app doesn't work as there's no Comcast/Xfinity support

The Hallmark Channel app does not have Comcast/Xfinity support

On top of that, Xfinity/Comcast dropped the YES Network so now there's no NY Yankee/Bkln Nets coverage despite being in the greater NYC area.

What gives?  I PAY monthly and a substantial fee for the channels mentioned, and should not be restricted from viewing said content whenever and however (tv or tablet/phone) is most convenient for me.

New Poster

He obviously stated what app. Maybe before u act like a Comcast employee with your smug no it all sound maybe just maybe read the title u are commenting on. Also k love the fact they took his post down but never answered one question. My god this company must he ran by Satan himself after dealing with them for the better of three yes I can see they don't care even enough to answer a simple question and then simple people like u put people down for asking a question about where there two hundred dollars a month is going.
New Poster

Comcast/Xfinity is not listed on www.cc.com/activate either... This is very frustrating

Expert
Moved:

Expert

Year Old Thread being Closed