Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Nick on roku

New Poster

Nick on roku

<p>I want to be able to access Nick on my Roku for my kids. &nbsp; It is absolutely ridiculous that it looks like Comcast is the only provider who does not allow this. &nbsp;It's garbage like this that drives away customers.</p>
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nick on roku

Comcast has nothing to do with what your Roku gets.

Gold Problem Solver

barbie123 wrote: Comcast has nothing to do with what your Roku gets.

Not entirely accurate. A number of Roku channels require authorization by a TV provider. For example, http://www.rokuguide.com/articles/nick-comes-to-roku says:

... your TV provider must be one that allows access, and you must have a subscription that includes the Nick channel. As of June 2015, AT&T Uverse, Cox, DirectTV, Time Warner Cable, and Verizon FiOS are among the major providers that allow Nick access; Dish and Comcast Xfinity do not
Regular Visitor

I agree. Comcast just gives me more and more reasons to switch. What did big bad Nickelodeon do to make comcast's poo list?

New Poster

Seriously, who do we complain to about this?

My kids would LOVE to watch the Nickelodeon App on the ROKU, 95% of the content is locked without a valid cable subscription-provider-login.

I've done this successfully on most other apps - but Comcast XFinity appears to be the only cable provider NOT LISTED!

So this is a Comcast issue?  I would like to e-mail a complaint, but not sure who is the holdout here, I'm assuming it's Comcast?

Regular Visitor

If it makes you feel any better (unlikely), I don't think it's Nick that Comcast hates; it's Roku. Comcast isn't a login option on Disney Jr, Food Network, or HGTV either! I haven't checked Lifetime... <br><br>Comcast needs to get with the Roku program or they're going to alienate us younger generation of adults who already don't care about brand loyalty. Comcast shmomcast! Excuse me while I unplug....
New Poster

Solacerain you are not completely correct with your comment. It actually does not have anything to do with Roku, it's the agreement between Comcast and the networks. Also I haven't checked the others you listed but can guarantee Disney Jr has a Comcast login option as my kids watch it almost daily.
New Poster

Xfinity is making their own Roku app. So they stopped authorizing availability to third party channel subscriptions.

Buuuuuuuut they're also dragging their feet putting said app out, leaving a lot of people ready to jump ship.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast is most likely going to have a fee to use thier app.  We should be able to watch the nick jr channel without having to use the comcast roku app.  Nick Jr has thier own app that needs an activation code that includes all of the following providers.  You will see only one main provider missing. It is quite absurd indeed.  Let us watch chennels we already pay for.