News videos do not play

The top news videos will not play.

Official Employee

Re: News videos do not play

Suzanne2 -- 

Where are you trying to view videos?  

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

News videos do not play when viewed on my.xfinity .com.

Silver Problem Solver

@Suzanne2 wrote:

News videos do not play when viewed on my.xfinity .com.

What browser are you using?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

From Xfinity home page

Frequent Visitor

Had the same problem.  This is what solved it for us.  Comcast seems to be using tracking.  Our browser update automatically blocks tracking.  I changed that setting to allow tracking on the Comcast site and now they play.

We are usint Mac OSX El  Capitan 10.11.6 and FireFox 59.0.2.

With all the issues surrounding data harvesting from customers by Facebook, it is time that Google stop this stuff.  There is no Privacy.  We are not being paid for our creation of data which they are selling.

New Poster

I am having the same issue.

I like to read the news before my shift starts at work and primarily use the news from my xfinity homepage. 

I am not sure if it is my work computers settings, which I do not have access to change.

I click on the video, it runs the ad, then a cirle appears, then the next ad just comes on. No news story.

I have had to just copy the headline and paste it into a new tab and get the news from another source. Really a bummer.

I just want to read the news. Not watch a video as I don't have sound on my computer anyway.

I am using Chrome 66 on Windows 7.

Please let us have access to read the news as well as watch the videos for those of us that can't access them.

New Poster

I attest to the prior entries on this issue. It has ALWAYS been an issue, first with Comcast and now with Xfinity so NOTHING NEW HERE and more importantly NO FIX available. I use Apple computer so maybe Xfinity is in be with Microsoft???  Tried turning off add blocker and only got me the audio wihtout any video so no real solution there either. I have to assume either the Xfinity staff is totally incompetent OR this problem is deliberate to force you to waste time on useless adds. My solution so far is to just IGNORE XFINITY and their vaunted site and just get my videos off Utube or some other site. The only issue I ever run into in on Xfinitiy to the simple solotion I recommend for you all is NEVER USE XFINITY TO LOOK UP ANYTHING!!!

@8thdayconsultin wrote:

Had the same problem.  This is what solved it for us.  Comcast seems to be using tracking.  Our browser update automatically blocks tracking.  I changed that setting to allow tracking on the Comcast site and now they play.

We are usint Mac OSX El  Capitan 10.11.6 and FireFox 59.0.2.

With all the issues surrounding data harvesting from customers by Facebook, it is time that Google stop this stuff.  There is no Privacy.  We are not being paid for our creation of data which they are selling.