Community Forum

NASA channel

Highlighted
New Poster

NASA channel

I am looking for the NASA channel.  Please advise if Xfinity carries it, and if so, what package do you have to pay for to receive said channel.  Thanks in advance!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: NASA channel

tazbrewster wrote:

I am looking for the NASA channel.  Please advise if Xfinity carries it, and if so, what package do you have to pay for to receive said channel.  Thanks in advance!

You can see channels available for your address here:

https://customer.xfinity.com/local-channel-lineup

New Poster

Thank you for response!  List shows some of my channels, not all when you plug in address.  Friends have DirectV and they get it.  Wondered if Xfinity offered it as well.  Have a great day!

Administrator

All,

Our content teams work daily to bring you the best, most expansive programming possible. In some cases, however, certain factors such as licensing or contract agreements prevent us from carrying particular channels. We’re always evaluating our catalog as our customer’s needs change, so this content may become available in the future. You can also submit a Customer Feedback Form .

New Poster

You might want to check you local community access channels since there isn't a dedicated NASA TV channel.  I know for example that in Northern California, NASA TV appears on one of the local Community Access channels (standard definition only, however) sometime between midnight or 2am or so, until around 6am.  What's odd is that if you look in the guide during those hours, NASA TV isn't listed.  It just shows the name of the Community channel.  In Northern California, late at night, Ch 16 is usually some sort of Arts programming before switching over to NASA TV.

Two tips to view NASA TV.  You can download their free NASA app and access NASA TV from it anytime.  Also, you can view it from directly from their website: Just Google NASA TV and as soon as you click the 1st link, NASA TV begins to automatically play from their website.

New Poster

You might want to check you local community access channels since there isn't a dedicated NASA TV channel.  I know for example that in Northern California, NASA TV appears on one of the local Community Access channels (standard definition only, however) sometime between midnight or 2am or so, until around 6am.  What's odd is that if you look in the guide during those hours, NASA TV isn't listed.  It just shows the name of the Community channel.  In Northern California, late at night, Ch 16 is usually some sort of Arts programming before switching over to NASA TV.

Two tips to view NASA TV.  You can download their free NASA app and access NASA TV from it anytime.  Also, you can view it from directly from their website: Just Google NASA TV and as soon as you click the 1st link, NASA TV begins to automatically play from their website.

Silver Problem Solver

There may also be some streaming options on devices. For Roku, there is "Joe Screwdriver's NASA Channel". it replaces the original NASA channel that was 'approved' by NASA, but run by a 3rd party that shut down. This replacement has no pre-roll commercials.