Community Forum

Movies in Spanish instead of English

New Poster

Movies in Spanish instead of English

Is ther a setting I can change in Xfinity Stream so the movies I watch will be in Englsh instead of Spanish?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Movies in Spanish instead of English

@RubySalmon wrote:

Is ther a setting I can change in Xfinity Stream so the movies I watch will be in Englsh instead of Spanish?

The gear icon to the right of the screen has language.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

No,  the movies that come up in the guide are all spanish movies!

Silver Problem Solver

@mcmakenc wrote:

No,  the movies that come up in the guide are all spanish movies!

Sounds like you need to look at your latest statement to see what you are paying for.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I'm currently having the exact same issue.

Expert

@timberjo1 wrote:

I'm currently having the exact same issue.

while playing such a movie, press the down button and look to see if SAP circle is checked?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the same issue/

Silver Problem Solver

@jimhunsicker wrote:

I have the same issue/

Which platform, Stream, X1,  other?

Regular Visitor

Same thing happening to me. Useless to me.

New Poster

Did you ever find a solution to the issue with the movie titles coming up in spanish, instead of english.. this is for xfinity stream?

I have the same issue.  have called customer service 2x and they act like it's the first time they've ever heard of such an issue.  

Please let me know if you find out how to fix it.

thx

Expert

@rhondaLemmon wrote:

Did you ever find a solution to the issue with the movie titles coming up in spanish, instead of english.. this is for xfinity stream?

I have the same issue.  have called customer service 2x and they act like it's the first time they've ever heard of such an issue.  

Please let me know if you find out how to fix it.

thx

go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/settings/language on your browser and set both areas to english

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I figured this one out.

You need to turn Video Descriptions off. Somehow they got accidentally turned on. For me, I can access this through my remote control by selecting the 'B' button which shows the Accessibility Settings.

On that screen, it states that when video descriptions are OFF then when video descriptions are not available you may hear Spanish instead. 

New Poster

That worked for me too.  Another reason not to like xfinity - what a weird issue.  Am I paying for all of this Spanish language dubbing and all of the spanish channels that I don't use but are present in my bill?  I should get a discount.

Expert

@ohnoooomrbill wrote:

That worked for me too.  Another reason not to like xfinity - what a weird issue.  Am I paying for all of this Spanish language dubbing and all of the spanish channels that I don't use but are present in my bill?  I should get a discount.

the producer (studio) adds any languages they wish to the video stream.

New Poster

i want to know setting
Expert

@mj1ahil53 wrote:
i want to know setting

mpeg streams sometimes have descriptive audio stream, primary stream and secondary audio program. while playing the video touch the icon in the video area in bottom right area looks like a cartoon speech bubble. you can turn off the top two switches to return to the primary audio stream.

New Poster

change from spanish to english

Silver Problem Solver

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xtv-web-setting-preferred-language-program-audio