Community Forum

Missing Recordings again

Highlighted
New Poster

Missing Recordings again

There was a previous post about this but it's now locked, so I'm starting a new one.

First I lost about 90% of my recordings last week so I don't figure it was just old ones dropping off to make room for new ones.  Also everything before January 2020 disappeared.  So far I've gotten different explanations from tech support.  I had a new box installed just before this occured.  Some people told me it was because all the rcordings were on the hard drive and not the cloud.  I thought Comcast put everything on the cloud.  That's what the technician told me when he was swaping the box out because I asked if I would lose anything.  

So my question is:  Where are our recordings stored.  On the cloud or on the box's hard drive?

Thanks

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Missing Recordings again

@RBguy wrote:

There was a previous post about this but it's now locked, so I'm starting a new one.

First I lost about 90% of my recordings last week so I don't figure it was just old ones dropping off to make room for new ones.  Also everything before January 2020 disappeared.  So far I've gotten different explanations from tech support.  I had a new box installed just before this occured.  Some people told me it was because all the rcordings were on the hard drive and not the cloud.  I thought Comcast put everything on the cloud.  That's what the technician told me when he was swaping the box out because I asked if I would lose anything.  

So my question is:  Where are our recordings stored.  On the cloud or on the box's hard drive?

Thanks

answer is both, recorded by two different devices that do not talk to each other. are your home DVR recordings still there?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

How do I tell what my home dvr recordings are?  I assume you mean the ones on the hard drive versus the ones on the cloud?

The recordings I see on my TV are exactly the same as the ones I see on the website when I log into my account.

Thanks

Expert

@RBguy wrote:

How do I tell what my home dvr recordings are?  I assume you mean the ones on the hard drive versus the ones on the cloud?

The recordings I see on my TV are exactly the same as the ones I see on the website when I log into my account.

Thanks

first, note that the home x1 equipment will play the in home copy of a recording if it is available but can play the cloud recordng if the copy wasn't made on the home equipment. you can use a smart device to see the recordings in the cloud uisng the xfinity Stream TV app and the Xfinity TV Remote app to see the recordings on the home X1 equipment (only). 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am havign the sames issue-  Back  a month ago streaming was in my xfinity app and online streaming xfinity and it disappeared.  I could only watch recorded items from my actual DVR at home.  There was zero access to streaming.  It took several calls, and days to get this issue corrected.... partially.  We never got access to the earlier recorings from the DVR... and for some reason this issue does nto affect Warriors game recordings..  Strange.

Comcast is not great at telling us when this will be fixed.  They state there is nothing wrong.  But they are wrong.  I can no longer stream recordings from my DVR.

Highlighted
New Poster

By smart device I'm assuming my laptop would be one.  I log into my account and go to my recordings and see the exact same ones that I see on my TV.  Should I be looking at some other smart device?

Highlighted
Expert

@RBguy wrote:

By smart device I'm assuming my laptop would be one.  I log into my account and go to my recordings and see the exact same ones that I see on my TV.  Should I be looking at some other smart device?

what you describe is normal (both match). the PC (laptop) sees only the cloud DVR copy of recordings.