Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Manage DVR from computer

Frequent Visitor

Manage DVR from computer

Since the roll out MOnday of the new website design I cannot manage my DVR from my computer.  When I click on the "saved" tab it list only "purchases", not my recordings or scheduled recordings.  There is also no way to set a recording on line.  

Also am not happy there seems to be no way to set channel "favorites" as before, and no notation for "new" episodes without opening the program info.

Why do they have to "improve" things when they were working just fine?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Manage DVR from computer

carl47 wrote:

Since the roll out MOnday of the new website design I cannot manage my DVR from my computer.  When I click on the "saved" tab it list only "purchases", not my recordings or scheduled recordings.  There is also no way to set a recording on line.  

Also am not happy there seems to be no way to set channel "favorites" as before, and no notation for "new" episodes without opening the program info.

A lot of people are having the same problem you are. You have to have X1 with cloud storage enabled to use the new web site for managing dvr. If you don't have x1 there is a remote app you can use.

See all complaints here:

forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-of-Xfinity-TV/td-p/2804996

Send your concerns here ecare@comcast.com and use the feedback button on the listings page

Regular Contributor

a) from what I've seen, the rollout was Monday .. b) there are changes from the old to the 'new'  ..  c) some of the 'functionality' can be used from their TV Remote App .. but not all .. but not all  d) DVR Manager is another issue (for now .. in my opinion ..even with the TV Remote App)

Regular Contributor

e) you should be able to 'schedule' a recording to your DVR, using the TV Remote App (not the OnlineWebsite)...  ( assuming your DVR is 'eligible' via the TV Remote App ) f) using DVR Manager to manage after that is another issue ..... )

New Poster

Double ditto.  This new format stinks.  Can't find anything.  Everything is so SLOW  I've got 'waiting for Comcast' burned into my retinas.  Go back to what it was.  I had favorites I could find, I could manage my DVR (Now I can't even FIND it!) and it didn't take forever.  I've switched to TVGuide for the grid...at least I can see what's on before it's over. 

carl47 wrote:

Official Employee